BIG News from The Cavaliers

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, absolutely. I was just too shocked at the news to do that when I first found out.

I've alwyas had the greatest respect for Jeff. I marched with him, and to give credit where credit is due, I really got my big break for turning me on to writing when he was editor of The Cavaliers' yearbook. He prompted me to write several articles and that paved the way for what was to come. I remember being with him and Chris Hartowicz in Jeff's parents' basement several weekends in-a-row as we put the yearbooks together.

So that is who we can blame. :thumbup:

Jeff will succeed at anything he does. He's one of the truly great and humble people I know.

And to reiterate what others have already said, "WOW."

Like many here I'm also shocked. From reading all of this it sounds like there was no hints about this happening. I'm shocked.

The most contact I had with Jeff was typing his last name wrong, and getting reemed for it. Sorry Jeff. Good luck to Jeff and to the Cavaliers as they start a new era.

What's more shocking is he was just made director as his only job what...2 years ago??

He's been Director for 17 years. He became a "full-time paid" Director just before last year.

He's been Director for 17 years. He became a "full-time paid" Director just before last year.

All the more reason that this smells fishy. I think something went down...and not in a good way. maybe all this is a cover up? It just all seems so out of character.

I think there could be more to the story aside from the official press release.

just a thought tho.

It's only January 10th. This isn't some warped early April Fool's joke is it? Wow.

All the more reason that this smells fishy. I think something went down...and not in a good way. maybe all this is a cover up? It just all seems so out of character.

I think there could be more to the story aside from the official press release.

the way i heard it. jeff and splooie got in a huge argument. splooie, being all powerful, smote him. spoolie watched from a distance and wept.

i kid...

but in all seriousness jeff is a machine... a machine capable of teleporting from place to place as long as their are cavaliers in the vicinity, kind of like an agent from the matrix only without actually taking over the persons body. its commonly called "morphing", any cavalier can tell you this. i imagine he has now found his way of the cavalier computer prison don warren put him in years ago to control the cavalier MMs with his highly advanced powers. but now he has escaped... god have mercy on all of drumcorps. hell be morphing everywhere now. run for your lives.

Well, one thing for sure. The mark of a true leader is if you can step away from what you've led and it still run flawlessly. I have no doubt that this will happen, especially under Bruno's leadership.

The best to Jeff in his future en devours, even if it's a well deserved nothing.

I honestly have to say I am shocked there aren’t more people commenting on this topic. This must be an unusually slow time for DCP. Fiedler was one of the most prominent figures in drum corps and this is HUGE (contrary to the topic of the thread asserting this is BIG) news. Many other topics garner so much attention and posts, but almost a full day after the announcement, and there’s only a mere 7 pages worth of comments. The topic on Phantom’s announcement to switch to Dynasty drums from yesterday has 5 pages and I don’t find that to be even remotely news worthy in comparison (but then again I know nothing of drums. :thumbup: ) Any topic about Hopkins immediately generates scores of pages by just reiterating the same stuff over and over and over again. This topic should be generating more buzz.

Having thought about this since first reading the announcement, I have to say that the manner in which it has unfolded is very impressive. After the shock subsided, my initial thought was, wow what a shame he couldn’t have gone out having just won a Championship or that maybe he should have held out for another title and then stepped down. However, what better a way to go out than to keep the news totally confidential (kudos to the Cavies organization), to do it on his terms (good for Fielder), and to already seemingly have the succession plan in place.

I extend best wishes to Jeff Fielder, thanks for his immeasurable contributions to drum corps, and good luck to the Cavies.

This is a shock. Jeff always took time to reply to emials from fans and would come here regularly to clear to comment on things.

Good luck to him and the Cavaliers.