• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

I actually don't like those at all.

sorry.

~>conner

I have no doubt the kids in Star worked their butts off. Name me one DCI corps that doesn't work their butts off. They just didn't have to worry about money so they got new uniforms every year - some were not so hot.

Uhhh..no

85 New unis (duh....first year)

86 Same unis, only change was going from aussies to shakos

87 Same uni tops....only change was a sequined panel under the star to close the front of the jacket. Moved to white pants.

88 Same unis....no changes that I remember

89 New tops to fit teh British theme....stripe added to the pants

90 Same unis...some fo the Brit tri removed fro teh jacket, sash added, mantle added, Trojan-type helmets replace the shakos

91 Same uni...no changes that I remember

92 Same jacket with changes to the tri...back to the shakos (which wee likely kept in storage, so no new costs there)

93 Ne jackets and shakos (possible they were just re-trimmed instead of being totally new)

so WHERE are they getting all new unis every year??? That wouldn't be very cost-effective...and Bill Cook didn't get where he is by wasting financial resources...nor did Star

You have got to be kidding! How could something like that be proven? Star never had a uniform that touched Phantom, Cavies, Madison, SCV - or dare I say the Cadets traditional uniform. Star was a good corps, with a very rich sponsor. Thats all.

Uh, Star's 1990 - 1992 Uniforms were absolutely awe inspiring in person and compared to ALL those other uniforms.

Star didn't get new uniforms every year. In fact, the '89 uniform pretty much the same uniform as the later uniforms with a different hat and various other accessories. I also enjoyed their 86-88 uniforms as well. The hot pink tops were cool!

What does Bill Cook have to do with anything? Just because they had a rich sponsor doesn't mean they got new uniforms every year. They simply knew how to accessorise.

BigSnareline, you really don't know what you're talking about in this case. Sorry.

Edited by jjeffeory

I have no doubt the kids in Star worked their butts off. Name me one DCI corps that doesn't work their butts off. They just didn't have to worry about money so they got new uniforms every year - some were not so hot.

There was the pink one with the star on the front, then they had the same uniform from 1989-1992 (go back and look at the tapes--they just used different adornments on the outside), then they used that same uniform without adornment for the first part of the 1993 tour until the white uni with the triangles was finally switched in.

That's 3 unis in 9 years, not a new one every year, unless I missed something along the way.

Uh, Star's 1990 - 1992 Uniforms were absolutely awe inspiring in person and compared to ALL those other uniforms.

Star didn't get new uniforms every year. In fact, the '89 uniform pretty much the same uniform as the later uniforms with a different hat and various other accessories. I also enjoyed their 86-88 uniforms as well. The hot pink tops were cool!

What does Bill Cook have to do with anything? Just because they had a rich sponsor doesn't mean they got new uniforms every year. They simply knew how to accessorise.

BigSnareline, you really don't know what you're talking about in this case. Sorry.

OK so they didn't get new uniforms every year - they still don't deserve to be put on the big pedestal.

OK so they didn't get new uniforms every year - they still don't deserve to be put on the big pedestal.

Yeah..and them making finals every year of their existance doesn't mean a thing? Tell me another corps that did that...Sorry dude, but you've just insulted a huge number of people by saying that. I know and am friends with people hat marched Star or have been part of the organization in a different way, so i know first hand how hard they worked, so yes, they deserve recognition for what they did.