NFL vs DCI

I just can't picture Jim Jones in a one of those hats Tom landry wore...

SCV and the Green Bay Packers (Lombardi era) - Class Act - When Pride Still Mattered.

Fedora. Would make an interesting piece of headgear for a corps, though.

Totally agree on SCV (especially Gail Royer era)/Green Bay (Lombardi era). Well-stated!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the Cavaliers are the Patriots who would the Giants be? Just thought it would be fun. Here are a few of mine.

Cavaliers = Patriots (cavaliers winning 5 of the last 8 championships)

Regiment = Giants/ Broncos ( not many championships between the 3 but always seem to be a contender)

Madison Scouts = Green Bay Packers ( Legendary Stadium, and both from Wisconsin....it only seemed appropriate )

Cadets = Colts ( Always clean and technically proficient )

SCV = Jaguars ( agressive, and ussually strong in all parts )

Blue Devils = Cowboys ( Dominant, espeacially in the 90's)

etc....

idk

The Cavies fans I know aren't d-bags :peek:

Fedora. Would make an interesting piece of headgear for a corps, though.

Totally agree on SCV (especially Gail Royer era)/Green Bay (Lombardi era). Well-stated!

OT - but "When Pride Still Mattered" is a biography of Vince Lombardi by David Maranis. Best sports bio I have ever read.

The major problem with that is that Pioneer actually perform hard for the whole show, not just the 1st half. :p

I know we're talking football here, but I'm surprised nobody has made a Blue Devils or Cavaliers/ New York Yankees comparison.

And thank God for Pioneer and any other corps like them. Nice to see an entire program in June and not only an opener and a ballad after a months worth of everydays.

Thanks for the Pioneer comments they work as hard as anyone in DCI.

Tom Landry with Roman's hat?

Donny

Dallas Texans actually turned into the Kansas City Chiefs.

Found it Travis, this version of the Texans played in the American Football Conference 1960-1962 then Lamar Hunt (one of the AFL founders) moved it to KC. Hmm, guess this team would equate to a corps that only stuck around for a few years and then changed names.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/kcdal/daltexans.html

Everybody has a website. :tongue:

Anyone else every see the timeline of NFL teams at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So many teams over the decades the frickin' thing is like a wall that is so tall ya have to be Yao Ming to read the top. :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

OT - but "When Pride Still Mattered" is a biography of Vince Lombardi by David Maranis. Best sports bio I have ever read.

I have just picked up this book and it is great!! I am now at the point where he is at West Point!!!

What a dedicated man!!!

No wonder he was a winner.

CODI