Drum Corps Trivia

I wouldnt doubt Milford in 1968 at all...they stayed with St. Joes for either Marion (US Open) or Detroit (VFW Nationals) that year at the same hotel. They were very good we had thought watching them practice. In fact we started wondering if they could actually beat us.

Vibrato Don

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staten Island "Lawmen" 1965

Not the Regimental Cadets?

:-)

Not the Regimental Cadets?

Funny thing Andy, but certain years, both corps were the same people.

Don't think either of these two were ever in GNYC.

Maybe in the 50's, I don't know.

Andy, are you sure about Lourdes winning in 62?

I know that St. Rocco's were never in the GNYC, we hung around in the Yankee Circuit, however when we would compete against some of the GNYC corps we would usually do very well, thank you. Just stiring some old things up for a good conversation.

Some GREAT Corps back then that were in walking distance to each other. Great memories.

If this went ot from what the thread is intended for, don't blame me, it's the med's.

I know that St. Rocco's were never in the GNYC, we hung around in the Yankee Circuit, however when we would compete against some of the GNYC corps we would usually do very well, thank you. Just stiring some old things up for a good conversation.

Some GREAT Corps back then that were in walking distance to each other. Great memories.

If this went ot from what the thread is intended for, don't blame me, it's the med's.

We could never figure out why The Roc wasn't in GNYC either ... especially after your stunning Carnegie Hall performance ... I often though that staying in the Yankee Circuit in 65 hurt them in the open shows with the judges ... you certainly had the respect of all the corps ... what was your last year with them? You were already with Sky when I got there.

And this ain't off topic for this thread ... TRIVIA baby ... my kids always tell me that my mind is full of useless information ... LOL ... I WANT MORE!!!!!

Edited by ajlisko

We could never figure out why The Roc wasn't in GNYC either ... especially after your stunning Carnegie Hall performance ... I often though that staying in the Yankee Circuit in 65 hurt them in the open shows with the judges ... you certainly had the respect of all the corps ... what was your last year with them? You were already with Sky when I got there.

And this ain't off topic for this thread ... TRIVIA baby ... my kids always tell me that my mind is full of useless information ... LOL ... I WANT MORE!!!!!

St. Rocco's would also have fit nicely in the Penn Jersey Circuit with Bridgeport Pal, St. Lucy's and Selden. We (Selden) had a very nice rapport with St. Rocco's, as well as Bpt. PAL. I keep thinking of that bar across from St. Rocco's church. Was it 4th ave? I think the name of it was Quinn's. 25 cent tap beers. I recall a few of us having a nice conversation with Jimmy Ednie on the corner in front of that place. Jimmy's talking away, carrying a brown paper bag under his arm. We wondered what was in the bag. When it's time to leave, somebody asks Jimmy, "What's In the Bag". He replies, "Underwear". It was his birthday and he stopped by his mom's house on the way to practice and she gave him BVD's as a gift. We all cracked up. Jimmy was such a great guy.

Edited by gsksun4

St. Rocco's would also have fit nicely in the Penn Jersey Circuit with Bridgeport Pal, St. Lucy's and Selden. We (Selden) had a very nice rapport with St. Rocco's, as well as Bpt. PAL. I keep thinking of that bar across from St. Rocco's church. Was it 4th ave? I think the name of it was Quinn's. 25 cent tap beers. I recall a few of us having a nice conversation with Jimmy Ednie on the corner in front of that place. Jimmy's talking away, carrying a brown paper bag under his arm. We wondered what was in the bag. When it's time to leave, somebody asks Jimmy, "What's In the Bag". He replies, "Underwear". It was his birthday and he stopped by his mom's house on the way to practice and she gave him BVD's as a gift. We all cracked up. Jimmy was such a great guy.

Jimmy was indeed a GREAT guy. We were best friends for quite some time and lost touch as we moved around. We worked for the same brokerage house on Broadway where he got a parking ticket every day. Eventually, he had a large some of money to pay the city. He was one crazy guy. The last time I saw him was at St. Rocco's reunuion and then he passed away before we could get together again. I miss him very much.

I don't know the reason as to why St. Rocco's stayed in the Yankee Circuit, but we did have great success there. We used to love seeing and competing against the city corps, when we did, but it wasen't enough for some of us but that's the way it stayed. The draft was the main reason that the corps broke up. I marched with them from 1960 - 1965.

I knew you worked on Broadway, but I thought it was as a critic.

Jimmy was indeed a GREAT guy. We were best friends for quite some time and lost touch as we moved around. We worked for the same brokerage house on Broadway where he got a parking ticket every day. Eventually, he had a large some of money to pay the city. He was one crazy guy. The last time I saw him was at St. Rocco's reunuion and then he passed away before we could get together again. I miss him very much.

I don't know the reason as to why St. Rocco's stayed in the Yankee Circuit, but we did have great success there. We used to love seeing and competing against the city corps, when we did, but it wasen't enough for some of us but that's the way it stayed. The draft was the main reason that the corps broke up. I marched with them from 1960 - 1965.

Duke,

Did my buddy Andy D'Orio march with you?

E