Are You Ready?

7.) Carolina Crown - Great brass sound as always, but won't have the design to roll with the Bluecoats this year. Last year's show was so unique that we forgave it for having early 90's era drill. This year we won't, and the corps' amazing brass sound won't be enough to get them the nod over coats.

Hm. That is quite an interesting take on the drill. I ask you to watch the end of the opener with high cam on, and then come back and tell me that is early 90's era drill.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well didn't academy basically get an entire new guard staff?

i'd like to see madison do some better things this year though and move up. hopefully the 93% vet return will help em out.

Not to be overly harsh, but I think the change up in their guard staff will be a positive thing :thumbup:

says who? bruno? jeff? meaghan? a mm of 3 yrs? "a very reliable inside source"? doesn't matter. do you know how many vets the cadets or phantom regiment had last year? what about the bluecoats? every single corps goes through this vicious cycle. and every 2-3 years they say they have "the most vets in corps history!!" even if the cavaliers had 135 150 vets (impossible, i know!), the "newbies" from 2007 are only 2nd years (IMO 2nd years are even worse than "newbies") seems to me corps in the top 5 just like to use it as an excuse, as if 3rd, 4th, or 5th place is bad. there are 20 or so other corps that will never make it up that high, no matter their rookie:vet ratio.

on to the predictions:

1. Cavaliers (they have the most vets in corps history)

2. Phantom Regiment - not really, i'm just obligated to put them there because they own it, although i can't say i wouldnt' love to see it..well, actually, i'd love to see them in first. but i digress. Cadets.

3. Phantom Regiment

4. SCV - i'd love to see them best BD again.

5. BD - no comment.

6. Crown - love 'em, but can't see them doing any better than 6th without some major change in the staff

7. Bluecoats - i don't know where else to put them

8. Blue Knights - meh

9. Colts - why not?! who doesn't like the colts?! they're so cute.

10. Blue Stars - as long as there are no big changes from last year...

11. Academy - i'm sick of boston, honestly.

12. Pioneer - (they have the most vets in corps history)

You haven't been around long enough to be sick of anybody..................

Hm. That is quite an interesting take on the drill. I ask you to watch the end of the opener with high cam on, and then come back and tell me that is early 90's era drill.

I wouldn't worry too much about what a troll says. Crown had a great design this past year, overall.

Not to be overly harsh, but I think the change up in their guard staff will be a positive thing :thumbup:

Seeing as that was the single most glaring issue the corps had, along with visual design in general to a lesser extent, I would think a new guard staff could only be a positive.

1) Phantom

2) Cavaliers

3) Cadets

4) BD

5) Bluecoats

6) Crown

7) SCV

8) Troopers

9) Boston (sorry, too much competition)

10) X-Men

11) Colts

12) Blue Knights

1. Cavies

2. Phantom

3. BD

4. SCV

5. Madison

6. Bluecoats

7. Crown

8. Crossmen

9. Cadets

10. Boston

11. Glassmen

12. BK

13. Colts

14. Academy

15. Blue Stars

16. Spirit

17. Troopers

18. Pioneer

19. Pacific Crest

20. Cascades

21. Mandarins

Did I leave anyone out?

Edited by BigSnareline

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Cavies

4. Phantom Regiment

5. SCV

6. Bluecoats

7. Crown

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Spirit

11. Madison

12. Colts

13. Glassmen

14. Academy

15. Crossmen

16. Blue Stars

17. Troopers

18. Cascades

19. Pacific Crest

20. Mandarins

21. Pioneer

I'm not going to post a whole list, but I really think Pacific Crest is going to climb. I've heard they got a large bunch of auditions (probably because champs were held nearby), so all the marching band people who want to do DCI will do it based upon location. Just my 10 cents.

Bigsnareline, you skipped number 19 on your list, and so you're missing Mandarins.

Edited by Discombobulato