Xmen 2008 Planet X Info

I finally get the whole "Planet X" concept now :laughing:

VERY cool.

465108.jpg

I claim Planet X in the name of the Crossmen :laughing:

Love the beginning, but I'm sorry. I'm not crazy about anything else. It's almost too complex or over arranged. Instead of playing a melodic line as is, the line has to be played in 15 other variations instead of the actual notes that everyone knows with other quotes buried throughout in deep chord structures that won't speak as well as others.

I know most don't agree, but just giving my opinion. I didn't get last year at all even though everyone on here thought was amazing. Maybe I'm not musically educated enough to understand the complexities of this. Thanks for posting the notes though. It helps somewhat.

Love the beginning, but I'm sorry. I'm not crazy about anything else. It's almost too complex or over arranged. Instead of playing a melodic line as is, the line has to be played in 15 other variations instead of the actual notes that everyone knows with other quotes buried throughout in deep chord structures that won't speak as well as others.

I know most don't agree, but just giving my opinion. I didn't get last year at all even though everyone on here thought was amazing. Maybe I'm not musically educated enough to understand the complexities of this. Thanks for posting the notes though. It helps somewhat.

thats a great point! and trust me, you are not the only one that feels this way.. i talked to plenty of people last year who just could not get into the crossmens show.

i did not like this after the first listen either for the same reasons, then i listened to it a few more times without any standard or comparison of the originals and it clicked! the groove is something i feel is lost in drumcorp... by groove, i also mean an extended amount of time on the same tempo, idea, feel, or development. this arrangement is breaking the choppy and cut up arrangements that drumcorp has so much of now. thats why i dig it

Edited by shaners