1997 and 1998

not necessarily. there are lots of years that only come up in discussion when the discussion is about a specific year.

ask yourself this: how many "seasons" in any given activity are worth just bringing up in casual conversation?

for us, it's last year/05-06/double champion years/89. for baseball, it's the 04 world series/years gone by when nobody was roided up. for football, well, i hear the 72 dolphins went undefeated, so i imagine that gets brought up fairly often.

you can't talk about everything all of the time. 97-98 were perfectly decent years, i'd say.

they were only 7th but I thought '97 Cavaliers Firebird Suite was pretty exciting.

The slow company front in Cadets 98 is one of the most orgasmic visual moments in all of DCI history. The foot timing is absurd[ly good].

Also, 97 Madison? It's listed as my favorite drum corps show in my DCP profile. Night in Tunisia in 97 BD is one of my favorite corps charts of all-time, Crossmen 98 was one of the best Crossmen shows ever, the balls out finish to whatever SCV's middle song was in 98 is pretty ridiculous, as is the dance the tenor line does during the beginning of the song.

So yeah, there was plenty of stuff that happened in 97 and 98.

Not my favorite years either actually, but there's plenty to talk about. BD doesnt usually have my favorite shows, but I appreciate 97, and I really got into 98 when i was jogging one day. Im not too familiar with most of the other shows from those years (other than the obvious).