Broadway musicals

After hearing Madison's Jesus Christ Superstar, I always thought Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat would be a nice follow-up.

and...sorry, I think Wicked is a terrible idea. But that's just me.

Also - Madison should do South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.

I agree. Wicked blows.

Southpark would be great. So would Team America.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is mentioning Miss Saigon?

Several of you have stated that you liked Madison's 99 "Jesus Christ Superstar" show. I agree that it is a great show. How many of you have heard the Geneseo Knights' 1985 version. With a small hornline (about 36 horns), they did an awesome job with some great arrangements by Gregg Neulieb and Larry Kerschner. A bit different than Madison's. If they would have had a large hornline, it was a show that could have been in finals. IMHO.

BTW, I'm partial to the Knights show since I was on the brass staff at that time. :thumbup:

F trying to win. Some corps could create a great identity doing muscials every so often. I would love to see SCV or Crown attempt Wicked. Great tunes and story. "Defying Gravity" sounds like a perfect drum corps closing tune upon first listen.

We did it last year in Chops Inc, and yes, DG was our closer.

I'll be totally honest, I'm really not a fan of musicals... and DEFINITELY not a fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber. That having been said, I quite thoroughly enjoyed Madison '99 and SCV '89. I really enjoyed how they both took some elements of the musical, but kept it such that a person who had never seen the actual musical could still enjoy the show. Sorry, this post isn't really getting anywhere.

I think if a musical were to be fielded, Crown would be the corps to do it. I might just be me, but it seems like SCV's style has evolved away from that sort of thing.

Not as far as I know. Are you thinking of "Nine?" (which is NOT one I'm reccomending for a Drum Corps show!)

Everything from Wicked is sadly on my short list of songs I never want to hear on a field ever again, due to being played to death by mediocre high school groups.

And for those skeptical of it's artistic value, popular legend has it that Stephen Sondheim once called "South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut" the best musical he had ever heard. :thumbup: