Orlando Show Citrus Bowl?

Orlando has a beautiful new stadium on the grounds of the University of Central Florida.

Why on earth would DCI book the Orlando show at the Citrus Bowl?

Must have been a money issue! But to ask fans of DCI to go into that neighborhood yet again is pretty crass on the part of DCI. :thumbup:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am THRILLED that DCI is having a show in Orlando this year, but I am not at all happy about going to the Citrus Bowl again. Yuck!

I guess beggers can not really be choosers. This show is only 2 hours from me. Last year, the closest one was in Atlanta which is about 5 or 6 hours from me (depends on traffic).

Orlando has a beautiful new stadium on the grounds of the University of Central Florida.

Why on earth would DCI book the Orlando show at the Citrus Bowl?

Must have been a money issue! But to ask fans of DCI to go into that neighborhood yet again is pretty crass on the part of DCI. :thumbup:

It's a 2-way street. Maybe UCF didn't want it?

It'll be interesting to see how DCI deals with the corps housing in & around Orlando.

Why turn down a decent enough stadium at a huge discount? Everyone #####es about ticket prices... well, DCI listened, I guess!

Agree.

Frankly, I don't get it. It's either "ticket prices are too high", or "what a bad stadium". I'm sick of hearing both. Either people are willing to go to new stadiums and pay the TM service charge, higher rent, union wages of the security guards and the non-negotiable parking fees, or they are not.

Complaining about going to Florida is such an odd thing. It's already geographically quite far from anything else...

Complaining about going to Florida is such an odd thing. It's already geographically quite far from anything else...

Boston to Orlando 1295 mi (I know, I know ... BAC is already in Orlando...)

Allentown to Orlando 1043 mi

LaCrosse to Orlando 1439 mi

... but wait a minute ....

Concord CA to Indianapolis 2253 mi

Santa Clara to Indianapolis 2303 mi

Phoenix to Indianapolis 1747 mi

I'd have to say that BD, SCV & Academy are geographically quite far from anything else...

The Citrus Hole?