Toughest Sport in the World....Boxing? Or DCI?

By that definition nordic / alpine skiing, and countless other sports, are not "sports".

right, along with anything scored solely subjectively.

the point -- there's no way rugby and figure skating can be lumped into the same category. it just doesn't make any sense.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right, along with anything scored solely subjectively.

the point -- there's no way rugby and figure skating can be lumped into the same category. it just doesn't make any sense.

I didn't know a stop watch was a subjective tool to assess performance.

Are you kidding. Ive seen more blood in a DCI rehersal or show than any boxing match. With the high demand of visuals and guard tricks theres rifles, sabers, and other objects flying everywhich way and somtimes they dont go where there supposed to. So to say a marcher is not in danger of being hit in the face is a lie lol. And I do count DCI as a sport, yeah were not being "blocked" or anything like that but that doesnt happen in alot of sports. We still have to maintain certain althetic traits, and some are more demanding than alot of sports, just to be able to do what we do.

When you get hit in the face in drum corps, it's considered an accident.

When you get hit in the face in boxing - it's a point!

BTW - full contact martial arts - tougher than boxing....

When you get hit in the face in drum corps, it's considered an accident.

When you get hit in the face in boxing - it's a point!

BTW - full contact martial arts - tougher than boxing....

I can't think of any sport tougher than Canada's national sport.....curling. :tongue:

I mean, the the Beatle's movie "Help" they actually had curling stones that blew up! :ph34r:

I can't think of any sport tougher than Canada's national sport.....curling. :tongue:

I mean, the the Beatle's movie "Help" they actually had curling stones that blew up! :cool:

Actually, our national sport is Lacrosse. :ph34r:

I won't touch the sport/not a sport argument, but if the OP had ever played a 'traditional' sport at the same level as Cadets are in DCI (for instance NCAA football, amatuer cycling or olympic boxing) they probably wouldn't be making such a lame claim. Sure drum corps is physically demanding, and there is no way Michael Jordan could hit the high notes while jazz running at 220 bpm. But how many trumpet soloists can float through the air from the top of the key and reverse slam dunk? Or survive a punch from Muhammed Ali? Drum corps requires a lot of specially developed skills, just like other sports (yes, I know I just called it a sport). I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the toughest though.

I mean, the the Beatle's movie "Help" they actually had curling stones that blew up! :cool:

Hey we just got that DVD thanks to Pepsis' latest come-on. :ph34r:

"Watch out for the thingee.... watch out for the fiendish thingee....."

"FULL-CONTACT DRUM CORPS"!!! Cool idea... :tongue:

I heard an idea once of having two corps play their show at the same time, and whoever had the most people at the end wins. Definitly would make for an interesting finals night.

I heard an idea once of having two corps play their show at the same time, and whoever had the most people at the end wins. Definitly would make for an interesting finals night.

In other news, Phantom Regiment does away with "The Wedge" for their Spartacus show, insisting now that it be called "The Phalanx"