Northmont ... 1997

wtxcg

Everyone has a history of being screwed...........

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood, but I also think there's a big difference between a show that's meant to pay tribute or document troubling events -- after all, Union's "Holocaust" show certainly did -- and a show that was quite obviously meant to provide shock value, and did so in a very deliberately provocative fashion. Again, we're talking a high school setting here, not an independent one. And, given the fact that it's a high school group, who's going to be in the audience? A whole lotta teens. For me, that's the central concept that trying to push "art" at the high school level must take care with.

I know it's not the subject of this thread, but I'd be interested in hearing people's views on Dublin high's Schindler's list show.....the imagery presented in that show is FAR more haunting in my opinion than Northmont 97 was.....perhaps it's because Dublin's show prtrayed an actual event in history.

like stoneman this year for example. 15th place? really.

And, Northmont has it this year. no doubt in my mind, they're going to be scholastic world next year.

Many people think Stoneman gets screwed every year...........(I don't)

like stoneman this year for example. 15th place? really.

And, Northmont has it this year. no doubt in my mind, they're going to be scholastic world next year.

I don't think that Stoneman Douglas' ranking thus far is surprising. Last season they came out with an amazing show and performed it amazingly and their placement reflected it. As someone who has seen them this and last year in my circuit, I feel that their show and performance are not what they were last year. They are exellent performers, but the overall look of the guard seems to be younger and they lack consistency. I also believe that the pacing and design of the show is somewhat lacking.

Stoneman Douglas has always been an excellent colorguard, but I believe that in order to become a contender in Scholastic World again, the group is going to need to step up the design and performance of its program.