Cadets Camp Video - Part 2!

Hey - they put up a part 2 to the Cadets March Camp Video from All Access. Cadets Camp Part 2

Uniform fittings, rookie interviews, a little 'Rudy for Prom King' vignette, staff interviews, ensemble - cool stuff.

On another note - I guess I'm no longer a newbie... I got my very first drum corps dvd from dci.org the other day! I enjoyed listening to the judges commentary and will look forward to watching that for all the corps' performances. And the multi camera angles were a treat - - nice to get to see what the guard did the whole show - or to follow percussion around. Very nice. They need to offer a "Best of" series for Drum Corps, since I'm probably not enough of a die hard fan to watch the whole legacy collection. (Though I'm sure my son would love to have it!)

Watching the performances again just makes me anxious to get the shows going this year and see what all the different corps have to offer. And then the fun will start again on DCP. :D

Well anyway - looking forward to the live video from next week's camp. I guess we'll see how that works out. Wouldn't it be great to see video reports from all the corps?

Fixed link

Edited by JustABandMom

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - they put up a part 2 to the Cadets March Camp Video from All Access. Cadets Camp Part 2

Uniform fittings, rookie interviews, a little 'Rudy for Prom King' vignette, staff interviews, ensemble - cool stuff.

On another note - I guess I'm no longer a newbie... I got my very first drum corps dvd from dci.org the other day! I enjoyed listening to the judges commentary and will look forward to watching that for all the corps' performances. And the multi camera angles were a treat - - nice to get to see what the guard did the whole show - or to follow percussion around. Very nice. They need to offer a "Best of" series for Drum Corps, since I'm probably not enough of a die hard fan to watch the whole legacy collection. (Though I'm sure my son would love to have it!)

Watching the performances again just makes me anxious to get the shows going this year and see what all the different corps have to offer. And then the fun will start again on DCP. :D

Well anyway - looking forward to the live video from next week's camp. I guess we'll see how that works out. Wouldn't it be great to see video reports from all the corps?

broken link. . . you have http:// in there twice. . . so just remove the first one and it'll be good

*edit* for typo. .

Edited by XxDrumCorpsFanxX

listening to the ensemble portion at the end, you can almost see the marching formations...the speed...very, very nice.

I've been one of the biggest opponents of the Cadets the last few years. I hate the gimmick. Back in the geezer days, Garfield used to just come out on the field, and slam the audience with high powered playing, and crazy sick marching, without the need for the gimmick. I hope those days are back, because I so much want to enjoy the Cadets again...

Check out the vid..it's pretty awesome.

here's the link, since the first one doesn't work...

Cadets camp part 2

edit...realized I almost fell into hypocrisy...I said I don't like the gimmick, but I absolutely loved it when SCV did the tunnel pants color change in '85, so I guess I like the quick, cool gimmick...when it's cool...and my definition of cool is my definition, so neener neener neener.

Edited by skewerz

edit...realized I almost fell into hypocrisy...I said I don't like the gimmick, but I absolutely loved it when SCV did the tunnel pants color change in '85, so I guess I like the quick, cool gimmick...when it's cool...and my definition of cool is my definition, so neener neener neener.

Well as long as you admit that :tongue:

Drum corps is FULL of gimmicks - has been for a while. Theres just some things that people like, and some that people dont. I dont mind that as long as we call it what it is :cool:

Well as long as you admit that :tongue:

Drum corps is FULL of gimmicks - has been for a while. Theres just some things that people like, and some that people dont. I dont mind that as long as we call it what it is :cool:

Try a loooong while....I remember what might be called gimmicks going back to the 60's.

Can someone PLEASE tell me who Tim Kviz is?

Im sure Hroth will if you ask him...