Most difficult trumpet feature

If I'm wrong, it's cool. My "claim" isn't based off of what anybody said, just what I observed when I saw and heard live, and the noticably different locus of sound I hear every 4 notes during that ostinato. I really couldn't possibly care less because it was cool no matter what.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic:

I think Boo is referencing 1988 BD, Second Tune.

To add to the list:

1986 Suncoast (pretty much all the sop stuff)

1991 BD - Closer material...exposed high stuff near the end and the really jazzy stuff in the beginning of the closer

1995 Scouts - during "la danza"

1996 Scouts - every note the sops played in A Mis Abuelos

1999 SCV during the Canyon

2003 Cavaliers - Spin Cycle Closer..listen to the background stuff during the really high trumpet solo

2004 Cavaliers - Cuba Trumpet Soli

I never saw the 2000 Cadets show, but it is not hard to believe that they did such a thing as play a part while fingering the same part on the next guys horn. As a matter of fact it 's been done before. The first time I saw such a thing done was the 1979 Crossmen. I can't remember from what part of the show they did it but I'm thinking it was during "Tiger of San Pedro."

You can check the dvd for yourself....Oh yeah, I forgot, that's the year they got screwed out of finals. :thumbdown:

Can someone from that era confirm?

Edited by Russellrks

Not in a show, but I heard some soprano players waaaaaaayyyyy back in the mid seventies in Whitewater, WI, out in that big open field there just before you would get to the stadium and where all the buses used to park, practicing/playing Leroy Andersons "Buglers Holiday." Couldn't tell you who it was... they were all in shorts and t-shirts. I guess it's not terribly difficult by todays standards, but man they sounded GREAT and there were like 10 of them playing it as I recall. I made my buddy stop and listen as we were walking.

For a brief moment I saw myself switching to a horn... but it passed quickly. Thank God. But never-the-less, I was impressed!! :thumbdown:

The Americanos played "Bugler's Holiday" for concert in '74 and '75.

SCV - '99 :thumbdown:

Cadets - 07 :thumbdown:

Both incredibly intricate trumpet features - hard to choose between them.

I never saw the 2000 Cadets show, but it is not hard to believe that they did such a thing as play a part while fingering the same part on the next guys horn. As a matter of fact it 's been done before. The first time I saw such a thing done was the 1979 Crossmen. I can't remember from what part of the show they did it but I'm thinking it was during "Tiger of San Pedro."

You can check the dvd for yourself....Oh yeah, I forgot, that's the year they got screwed out of finals. :thumbdown:

Can someone from that era confirm?

Check with Malibu.....her husband was a lead sop.

I'm thinking it was "Jack Miraculous."

BD 95. Day Danse. But those runs were the whole hornline, so I guess it doesn't count. But still. Pure madness.

Edit: I just listened to it again. My jaw is on the floor.

Edit again: Actually, wait, it was unison with the pit, too. That's it. I give up on life. That ensemble timing is unreal.

Edited by TSRTS13