How Will Phantom Portray "I Am Spartacus!"?

Let's hear some creative ideas on how Phantom will portray the most famous quote from the story. It may be the biggest, most memorable moment audiences and judges will remember, putting them .1 over Cadets, BD, etc.!!
They'll use giant, flaming logs to run down the on field judges...

battleh.jpg

Of course, they could have someone use amped voice to shout "I am Spartacus!", then crucify him for using amped voice... :grouphug:

Edited by jthomas666

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the world would using or not using voice in a show classify a corps as classy or not? SCV is considered to be the classiest corps out there yet they program a crowd gimmick into their show yearly (note: I don't have a problem with it).

It didn't start that way. They put in a musical pause for dynamic effect a few yars ago. It was the fans who decided to fill it with "Vanguard!" Now they put the pause in just for the fans, and I don't mind either. Of course, it helps if you've been to a show to know where it goes before shouting it out at the quarterfinals cinema event.

Yes, I would like to see Phantom use some voice. I can just see the implosion of brain cells happening here on DCP now at the mere mention.

I'd like to see a variant on the SCV programmed voice concept. Let audience members start it off. Put an envelope under one seat in the stadium. The lucky seat-holder gets to start. Imagine 25K+ audience members in Indy shouting, "I AM SPARTACUS!"

BTW, I have no problem with corps using voice, either. I just don't want it amped. Good examples? 84 Garfield Cadets. 84 Freelancers. 84/91 VK (drum solo).

Garry in Vegas

well, since you started it: (from their website) http://www.regiment.org/history.cfm

'In 1963, the Regiment fielded an all-male corps, including the color guard, with mixed results. The all-girl guard returned in 1964 and, with the help of a very successful recruiting drive, the Phantom Regiment, sporting a new set of military uniforms, had its most successful year.'

So even though for decades every other corps fielded men and women cg members, PR didnt until '06. So, with '63 as the exception, I believe my point still remains valid.

geesh...does everyone nit pick on this site?

A lot of people do nit-pick on this site and it $@*

How in the world would using or not using voice in a show classify a corps as classy or not? SCV is considered to be the classiest corps out there yet they program a crowd gimmick into their show yearly (note: I don't have a problem with it).

Because with SCV, the audience does it, not the corps. Next question.

it's hard to talk about things if they're based on false premises.

ask euponitone ;)

Ok I give up....what??

Phantom doesn't use amped voice.

but the more people catch on to this "gimmick", the lower their scores!

Yeah, how has that worked out the past couple years...

Let's hear some creative ideas on how Phantom will portray the most famous quote from the story. It may be the biggest, most memorable moment audiences and judges will remember, putting them .1 over Cadets, BD, etc.!!

It's the music from a ballet

There were no words in the Ballet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPQ2s9htHE