madison and cavies?

how do these 2 corps manage to not continually have civil rights suits against them for only allowing male members. Is there a law protecting them or do we just not hear about these types of law suits? It seems today that if you look at someone the wrong way they can sue you. What's keeping some of our favorite corps out of hot water?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do these 2 corps manage to not continually have civil rights suits against them for only allowing male members. Is there a law protecting them or do we just not hear about these types of law suits? It seems today that if you look at someone the wrong way they can sue you. What's keeping some of our favorite corps out of hot water?

Most likely comes from the fact that both corps are "technically" boy scout troops.

They are all male for the reasons that fraternities are all-male and some colleges are all-female. Also, I don't think many people have a serious complaint with these two corps being all male.

I'm not a lawyer, but my basic understanding is that you cannot go around filing lawsuits for any perceived injustice or imaginary harm. You actually have to be able to cite a specific law and make an argument as to why you feel the actions of the other party are violating your rights. Can you cite a specific law or are you just blowing smoke?

Read the "Interesting Comment from Hop" thread. About half of that thread discusses the policy of the both The Cavaliers and Madison Scouts.

That was the most recent, before this thread started, on a topic that's been debated for decades. It was a huge thing on RAMD a few years ago.

Basically, it comes down to both corps being private organizations. They can make their own rules.

On similar note, here's one for the golf fans. Augusta. Discuss.

Garry in Vegas

Quick somebody scribble on a piece of wood....

NO GURLS ALLOWED!

Nail it to the clubhouse door!

Stay away from our golfcourse and our drumcorps you cooties! :ph34r:

Edited by DCImonkey

Quick somebody scribble on a piece of wood....

NO GURLS ALLOWED!

Nail it to the clubhouse door!

Stay away from our golfcourse and our drumcorps you cooties! :ph34r:

I suppose we can sue the Los Angeles Lakers for only allowing men on the team as well.

Edited by Scerpella