Awkward Moments

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha-ha--was going to start another thread, but you beat me to it. I mentioned in another thread leaving my horn book and luggage at a housing site...one with Crossmen sharing a facility, one with Southwind. So maybe that's why I'm such an Xmen fan now...got my book back un-besmirched! I remember right where I set down. Hmph.

Luggage took a little bit more effort...left the ol sea bag in the gym. Just completely left it. Oops. Got it back at show 2 days later...that was absolutely GROSS. Same outfit 3 days. Nuff said.

What happens on the bus, stays on the bus. This is doubly true for the showers...haha.

Ha-ha--was going to start another thread, but you beat me to it. I mentioned in another thread leaving my horn book and luggage at a housing site...one with Crossmen sharing a facility, one with Southwind. So maybe that's why I'm such an Xmen fan now...got my book back un-besmirched! I remember right where I set down. Hmph.

Luggage took a little bit more effort...left the ol sea bag in the gym. Just completely left it. Oops. Got it back at show 2 days later...that was absolutely GROSS. Same outfit 3 days. Nuff said.

Think of how gross it was to the REST of the corps...esp those who marched near you. :tongue:

pigpen.jpg

3 words

rookie talent night

It's a myth! A very hilarious myth that I have some VERY awkward memories of, but a myth none the less.

SHHH!!! :tongue:

The most awkward moment I experienced in Cavaliers was when two young girls from another corps (they couldn't have been more than 14 or 15) came up to my mallet partner and I (there were only two mallet players allowed per corps from 1974-1977) and asked us if we sang a certain bus song (that I had never heard of before). I will not repeat the title here, but it made us both blush and we didn't know what to say. They said something like, "That's our favorite bus song."

I second rookie talent night, but unfortunately, I can not go into any more details. Now for a story of my own (one of many, really)

About my second or third week in the corps, during my rookie year, it was raining during a visual rehearsal. It rained pretty much every day, but for this rehearsal, the staff shouted some quick instructions of where to meet and when. I apparently misheard them, because I thought i had time to change into dry clothes before heading to basics in the gym. Imagine the awkward silence as I walked into the gym in nice clean, dry, clothes, while the rest of the hornline was at attention in a block, still dripping wet, staring at me. Awkward..... :tongue: