SCV - 21

BD - 7

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it's no question: SCV

Blue Devils have shows I like, and downright love. They always execute very well, and they are a great corps.

But there's just something about SCV: even during their 'dark years' of the early 90's, I loved their shows. I honestly can't think of an SCV show I don't really really like. I'd say I look forward to their show every season, whether I'm already familiar with their source music or not. They're the only corps in DCI that I can say that about.

bd by a long shot.

Santa Clara Vanguard

Blue Devils

2 of the best corps to ever perform. Blue Devils with the most championships. Vanguard the only corps to make every finals from DCI since 1972.

And while I think Blue Devils shows are probably a little more solid, and performed at a little higher level, I have to say that I think SCV has some of the most entertaining shows ever. With some of the most exciting drill and interesting music I have ever heard I have to give a slight edge to SCV.

So which of these 2 corps do you generally enjoy their show more?

Blue Devils and it's not even close. Santa Clara has never been a corps that's gotten me excited. Their "Phantom" show is the only one that even registers on my memory.......

If I had to watch one or the other, Id definitely go with BD without giving it a second thought

(yells) Van-guard!!!!

A friend of mine once said, "if I took a friend to a drum corps show, I'd take them to see the Blue Devils. They would be the easiest to understand".

I agree, they would. I have to see a Vanguard show a few times to understand it, but that's what I love about the Vanguard. They are the "thinking mans" drum corps. They have that aura of confidence, class, and that special something that people love about them. I still get chills watching their '70s shows.

And who else has fans trying to figure out where to yell their name during their show? "VAANGUAARD" indeed.

:bluedevil::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by kmansdrummin

Vanguard by a landslide for me

As of lately BD music to me just seems like runs and rhythmic syncopations I dont really hear much melody in there shows as of late not like you hear from Vanguard or PR

<clears throat>

VANGUARD!!!!!!