Finals Tickets: $125/ea.

ok

I agree......I don't think they expect that. But I think they probably expect more than they should from a non-for profit.

Everyone fritters money away to some degree........

DCP is a forum where everyone shares opinions.....and honestly I have never seen you post something that criticizes DCI of making a poor judgment or wrong decision. Maybe you feel they haven't made any mistakes....but to me that is unrealistic. So, I don't expect you to agree with some of my comments. Which is ok...... :blink: no harm no foul.

Every person and organization make mistakes. With no real ties to the organization I speak as a paying customer. I point out some of the "not so good" things about the organization in hopes to educate the masses and hopefully catch the attention from someone in the DCI org. I do not do it to be mean or bitter....because I am really not like that at all

They are advertising themselves as being "The Major League" So, I treat them as such.

Their slogan....not mine

Back on topic.....sorry folks

I paid $140.00 (An additional $5.00 for processing) for the same 45 yardline seat for DCA's Alumni, Prelim and Finals show.

I'm curious and this is a serious question....if you were in charge of DCI or were in a management position there, what would you do differently?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite events are Open Class (used to be II/III) Prelims and World Class QuarterFinals. The fun to watch corps are all out there and many are striving to make that last spot for Semis.

Good point.

My last "live" experience at DCI week.... in 2000 in Maryland.... I had a blast watching Div.2 Prelims, Div. 2/3 Finals, and Div. 1 Quarterfinals.

And the past few years, watching the Quarterfinals show at the movie theater, I've enjoyed watching the corps that are really good, but not good enough to make it into Finals.

Fran

If we all drank one lest starbucks a week from now until Finals we'd have no problem affording $125 seats.

A problem - I don't drink Starbucks.

Even so, I could afford the tickets; I paid more for Young Frankenstein last month.

The debate is value for money.

If we all drank one lest starbucks a week from now until Finals we'd have no problem affording $125 seats.

Spell check? :blink:

I agree......I don't think they expect that. But I think they probably expect more than they should from a non-for profit.

And what are you basing this on?

If we're just throwing out baseless BS I'm game.

You kick puppies for fun.

Based on...?

Everyone fritters money away to some degree........

Everyone?

DCP is a forum where everyone shares opinions.....and honestly I have never seen you post something that criticizes DCI of making a poor judgment or wrong decision. Maybe you feel they haven't made any mistakes....but to me that seems a bit unrealistic. So, I don't expect you to agree with some of my comments. Which is ok...... :tongue: no harm no foul.

DCI hired me as Staff Writer, so I know they are capable of making mistakes. :tongue:

Every person and organization make mistakes. With no real ties to the organization I speak as a paying customer. I point out some of the "not so good" things about the organization in hopes to educate the masses and hopefully catch the attention from someone in the DCI org. I do not do it to be mean or bitter....because I am really not like that at all

We have a leader who always wants the organization to improve. There will always be something that can be done better. I encourage anyone with suggestions or observations to let him know what they think. I believe he is happy to hear from anyone with ideas or thoughts.

And they aren't “completely different events with different fan bases”. I'd bet nearly all of the fans at DCI would recognize DCA as a very similar activity. DCI and DCA share common designers, teachers, writers, judges, and so on. And, if you asked the crowd either event, you'll find many common fans.

Yep, group I go with to DCA has numbered from 8-14 people depending on various "real life" things. Over half of them make a yearly "pilgrimage" to DCI Week. Might surprise some posters to know this is a group from an Alumni-type corps and (far as I know) none were ever in a Junior corps.

Well three of them were in Anaheim Kingsmen last year so there were Kinda in a Junior corps. :tongue:

Just letting people know that the "us vs them" mentality does not always apply to Jr/All Age/Alumni-type members/fans.

If one would compare BOA, DCI, and DCA, clearly DCI is the one that has the highest attrition rate. It is DCI that has more corps going inactive and folding outright.

Excellent point. :tongue:

I love the irony of people complaining about corps folding and high ticket prices in the same thread. If you want to keep corps around, don't you think it's going to take financial support?

$125?!?!?!?! I'd rather go see Rush this Summer.

As someone that saw them once in 07 and once in 08 I would highly recommend spending your money on a ticket.