Here it is - Madison's 2008 Program!

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they will do something different and fresh with this, but the show announcement doesn't excite me.

Well, since the Scouts aren't likely to use narration, singing, or pink tables you probably won't be excited. :tongue:

GO SCOUTS!

Edited by BigSnareline

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the program announcement says "The iguana, a stoic observer across this passage of time, is a metaphor for consistency within the context of profound change."

Oops! The staff would know better than I. I meant to answer the "how will the iguana be portrayed?" question. I thought it was a serious question, not understanding the fact that the iguana was metaphorical, sorry I missed the sarcasm. On a related note, the source music to the second movement is easy to find online. certain video websites are available...

-Weedy

Well, since the Scouts aren't likely to use narration, singing, or pink tables you probably won't be excited. :tongue:

GO SCOUTS!

Yeah, because you know that is my #1 criteria for a good show. . .give me talking and lots of it or its hot dog time!

:tongue:

What's funny is that if someone says anything remotely non-positive (not necessarily negative) some of you jump all over them, yet some of the same people are the most closed-minded when it comes to other corps/shows.

We don't all have to like the same thing(s), but at least I will be willing to give Madison a try. I am sure they will put on an entertaining show, if nothing else.

Edited by TXMystreaux

How will they portray the Iguana in their 2008 show?
"Guest Performer"

More likely a Guard Member...

Trying to imagine my son in a godzilla iguana suit... he'd look more like a godzilla than an iguana - he's too big!

I think that, in a lot of ways, this show sounds like it's as smart as or smarter than the 2005 production, and looks like it may do so without being overtly pretentious like the 2006 program. As a humanities student, I was a little worried at first about the way the word "progress" might be employed in relation to Latin American culture, but it seems basically innocuous. I'm not very confident that "modernization" (Westernization) has made life in Latin America that much better. Oh well. It's drum corps.

The iguana as the stoic observer thing is a cool metaphor for the Scouts.. I assume that's what they're doing with it. The "certain things remain amidst change" bit, I mean. The music is nice, and, from what I've heard, the visual team (both design and teaching) is kicking it. There are some ensemble tears in there for sure when the met goes off, but each section is achieving a very mature basic sound quality that I don't think was ever achieved last year. Kudos to the new (and old) design team for putting together what seems like a very coherent, accessible show that has multiple layers of depth. I'm really excited to check it out in the near future.

Oh yeah.. they're getting quite a bit of sound out of those twelve mellos. Impressive.

Edited by StradmanBW

Oh yeah.. they're getting quite a bit of sound out of those twelve mellos. Impressive.

:tongue: There were actually only 7 of them at the camp. Just wait until you hear all 12, those guys are really awesome.

-Weedy

:tongue: There were actually only 7 of them at the camp. Just wait until you hear all 12, those guys are really awesome.

-Weedy

Excellent. haha