Here it is - Madison's 2008 Program!

<sarcasm on> Nachos and iguanas. Only in drum corps can we make art out of processed food and lizards.

DW

What brand of Nachos would an Iguana eat anyway? :tongue:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe nobody else said this yet, but...IS THAT AN IGUANA IN YOUR POCKET, OR...

The iguana is metaphorical. The music portrays the iguana metaphorically. The iguana stands for Intelligence, Passion, and Progress. The real question is: how do we portray those three qualities? The other thing is, even if you're an audience member that doesn't understand the theme, you can still enjoy the music without having to overanalyze.

OK, serious question and I'm not being a hater, k? I think I asked this sometime back but didn't receive a reply IIRC. The rainbow theme a couple years ago..."Progress" as part of this show theme...is Madison the gay rights corps now or what? I'm just curious, I'm not a hater (not a lover either--I like girls), and tell me if it is my terrible interpretation.

I'm thinking a VK/Godzilla moment, myself.

Primo!

Actually, the program announcement says "The iguana, a stoic observer across this passage of time, is a metaphor for consistency within the context of profound change."

What were the names of the Bud Light Iquanas? Louie and...??? I just kind of picture them with this as their caption.

How bout Latin narration??

Madison's doing a radio announcer show, too???

i think they were chameleons?

Oh, yeah...oops! Names?

OK, serious question and I'm not being a hater, k? I think I asked this sometime back but didn't receive a reply IIRC. The rainbow theme a couple years ago..."Progress" as part of this show theme...is Madison the gay rights corps now or what? I'm just curious, I'm not a hater (not a lover either--I like girls), and tell me if it is my terrible interpretation.

It is. It's 2008, I can't believe I still see stuff like this. Absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Hrothgar15

You have got to be kidding me....

Your post begs the question: Just how insecure are you in your sexuality? Really?

Well, maybe if they had called it an igayna you'd be on to something...how does the word 'progress' make you think of a show geared towards gay rights?

You have got to be kidding me....

Your post begs the question: Just how insecure are you in your sexuality? Really?

Was his question that offensive??? I dont get it...

I guess I don't know my own corps history as well as I should, but what rainbow theme are you talking about? I'm trying to remember shows from here in the 2000's and late 90's, but I don't remember any of them having a rainbow theme.

As well about the gay rights thing, I think your grasping for straws. We're just an all guy corps. Thats all. I mean if you're gonna use rainbow as an example, I could make the same claim with the Cavaliers playing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but people would make the same claim that I'm reaching for something that really isn't there.

We're just an all guy corps with alot of tradition, but still changing and PROGESSING with the trends of drum corps.