44th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix

Another spot Grand Prix fans converge on after the show is Rutt's Hut (Also in Clifton). Also featured on the Food Network with special mention of their famous homemade hot dog relish and deep-frying method.

All the years I lived in NJ, and I never made it to Rutt's Hut.

Gotta get there some day and get me a "medium ripper." :whip:

Fran

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lois,

The answer to your question is a lot. I started going to the Grand Prix in 1970 and I don’t remember the Buccaneers not being there.

Hey Allen lets just hope the snow is gone by July 5th, Lois and I will miss you in Wildwood.

BTW Guys The Jersey diners are ok, but when in Clifton Rutts Hut should be the stop.

they have been there a lot but they didn't make it in 1971.

Hey Allen lets just hope the snow is gone by July 5th, Lois and I will miss you in Wildwood.

Hello Alan

We are having a HUGE press conference in Rochester this weekend to announce that it might 70!!! :whip:

As for Wildwood... It's KILLING me that we are not coming there. The past 3 years were wonderful. I will really miss it. As I read that post about the show I just keep thinking about how much fun we had there. Oh well... maybe next year!

• 2 weeks later...

We are so excited about the start of the season we keep forgetting about the 44th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix.

13 corps performing,

The Empire Statesmen will be in Clifton for the first time in 8 years.

And don’t forget this is the only time to see the Hawthorne Caballeros in competition in Northern New Jersey. For the 2008 season.

Tickets are going fast don’t miss out.

Thanks to Don for reminding us that Cru (and I) won the first grand prix... 44 years ago... amazing... where has the time gone... I must have been 10 (NOT!) at the time...

Well Mr. Katz, I guess I'm part of Caballero history after all...

Great show... may be the only show of the year where no one complains about the price of the ticket.

Thanks to Don for reminding us that Cru (and I) won the first grand prix... 44 years ago... amazing... where has the time gone... I must have been 10 (NOT!) at the time...

Well Mr. Katz, I guess I'm part of Caballero history after all...

Great show... may be the only show of the year where no one complains about the price of the ticket.

Aging like a fine wine Mr. Peashey....Will you be in attendence?

I'd certainly like to be there. Too soon to tell. With a show in Central NY that day and considering the cost of gas, probably not.

Love to go. Why don't some of you Yanks show a little Northern Hospitality and donate a few plane tickets to fly up. Some of us Southerners would like to see first hand what the DCA experience is like up there. We'll bring yall some Chocolate Fudge Pralines and Gumbo Mix in exchange for the tickets............

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have your tickets to the Grand Prix of Drum Corps yet? What are you waiting for there is a little bit for everyone. Alumni corps, Junior Corps, All Age Corps and Mini Corps. Choose your poison and we have it...LOL Get in touch soon there are only so many tickets at Clifton Stadium...

See you there...