44th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix

Wow!!!! I can't believe this show has been going on for 44 years. It's always been one of my favorites. I guess I should know this answer but does anyone know how many times the Buccaneers have competed at this show?

I can't wait to see my 2 favorites business mgrs. Alan & Allen.

I've missed you guys!!!!

See you soon

Lois

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s almost time for the longest running corps run drum corps contest in the country.

13 Performing corps, the biggest show during the regular season.

The 44th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix

Saturday July 12, 2008 Clifton School Stadium

First exhibition starting at 6:45 PM

Sponsored by American Legion Post 199.

Presented by the Hawthorne Caballeros.

In Competition:

For the first time in 10 years

• Empire Statesmen - Rochester, NY, 5 Time DCA Champion

• Hurricanes - Derby, CT, 2 Time DCA Champion

• Fusion Core - Dover, NJ

• Buccaneers - Reading, PA , 7 Time DCA Champion

• Bushwackers - Harrison, NJ, 6 Time DCA Champion

• Caballeros - Hawthorne, NJ, 9 Time DCA Champion

FYI.......Hurricanes 3 Time DCA Champion. But no biggie. :-)

Wow!!!! I can't believe this show has been going on for 44 years. It's always been one of my favorites. I guess I should know this answer but does anyone know how many times the Buccaneers have competed at this show?

I can't wait to see my 2 favorites business mgrs. Alan & Allen.

I've missed you guys!!!!

See you soon

Lois

Right back at ya lady!! Miss you much... Can't wait to see you too. Hope your having a nice spring. SPRING????? Did I say spring?? It's May and my freaking heat is still on! It's freezing here!!!

Hey Fran! We have something of a 'family tradition' of a late night dinner at the Coach House on Route 4 in Hackensack after the Grand Prix. Often see others from the show there as well. You're always welcome to join us before you head home.

We've been going to either the Six Brothers Diner not far from the stadium.... where Rte. 3 and Rte. 46 converge.... or the past few years, we've been hitting the Edison Diner, close to Wayne and Loretta's house.... our "hotel" for that weekend.

Maybe we'll all have to relocate to that Hackensack diner....LOL

Of course.... there's always the local legend, the Egg Platter on Crooks Ave., right down the road from the stadium. Haven't been there in a while, but I remember it was a GREAT breakfast diner, when I used to stop in during my days at WPAT.

Fran

Great lineup!

Team Blue is looking forward to the show!

The Tick Tock Diner 281 Alwood Rd in Clifton was featured on Food Network as one of the best diners in all of New Jersey. Home of the famous big clock and "Eat Heavy" sign.

Not that I like food or anything...

The Tick Tock Diner 281 Alwood Rd in Clifton was featured on Food Network as one of the best diners in all of New Jersey. Home of the famous big clock and "Eat Heavy" sign.

The Tick Tock! The reigning champ of New Jersey diners, no doubt about it. Been there a few times over the years.... usually after NJ Nets games. Back when I lived in NJ and Nets tickets were affordable......LOL

Fran

Hi Lois,

The answer to your question is a lot. I started going to the Grand Prix in 1970 and I don’t remember the Buccaneers not being there.

Hey Allen lets just hope the snow is gone by July 5th, Lois and I will miss you in Wildwood.

BTW Guys The Jersey diners are ok, but when in Clifton Rutts Hut should be the stop.

Another spot Grand Prix fans converge on after the show is Rutt's Hut (Also in Clifton). Also featured on the Food Network with special mention of their famous homemade hot dog relish and deep-frying method.

Rutt's Food Review

Everyone seems to have their own traditional places to go to after the show. It would be pretty cool if everyone would go to the same place. The folks running the place wouldn't know what hit them. Much like a full corps hitting a local spot after an all-night bus ride..... :whip:

Edited by Triple Forte