Patsy Bonfiglio - Drum Corps First Lady

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If our lives are measured by the memories of those who knew us, then of Patsy Bonfiglio we can all say: "This was a life well lived."

My personal condolences to the Bonfiglio family.

My deepest condolences to the Bonfiglio Family, particulary to the patriarch George who has lost his life's mate, the sweet Patsy. She was one of the sweetest, kindest, loving woman I have ever known who possessed a laugh if you ever heard it, belied her youthful and energetic view of life. One of the reasons I have always respected the man who made 27th was because of the woman he married, which revealed that behind this tough exterior, was a man of extreme passion, caring and support, who led so many of us into adulthood with the right lessons of life.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

John Oppedisano

27th Drum Major, 1977-78

A funeral mass celebration for Patsy will be held Tuesday, June 3rd, at 1030am in the Immaculate Conception Church 22 Lowe St. Revere, MA 02151 Phone Number (781) 289-0735.

tgk2779,

First of all, as a former BD member, I would like to express my condolences to you and the whole 27 family. I know how hard it is to lose people who have played such a grand part in the scripts of our lives.

I too can relate directly to your story regarding the "age out" plaque. It was BD tradition to receive a plaque with the eagle from the front of our shako. You and I aged out the same year and as such, our final performances were both on the same field. Anyway, I had worn my shako for 9 years and the eagle was heavily worn. I was VERY disappointed on the night of our banquet, to receive a plaque with a brand new, pristine eagle. I no longer even have the plaque since it really didn't have any meaning to me.

Again, I am sorry about your collective loss.

AR

Patsy Bonfiglio was a good, big-hearted lady who gave so much of herself to us. So unselfish. May she rest in peace, and my deepest condolences to the extended Bonfiglio family.

How sad... but may we remember her fondly.