The DCI.org Fan Network Discussion Thread

Although BD's {NAME} Cams may seem pointless, it's a matter of opinion. Some people will appreciate the feature as it brings insight to what it's like to be at a summer camp at an older age. I personally am not really interested in those types of videos myself; however, the simple solution is to avoid or ignore it. If you took that away, BD would still be having about the same amount of content they've had in previous years and now there is more. I love the fan network for the diverse amount of content it brings and I think there is something for everyone who joins it. Also, it's the first year of the Fan Network so I'm sure they'll adjust their content after going through trial and error.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although BD's {NAME} Cams may seem pointless, it's a matter of opinion. Some people will appreciate the feature as it brings insight to what it's like to be at a summer camp at an older age. I personally am not really interested in those types of videos myself; however, the simple solution is to avoid or ignore it. If you took that away, BD would still be having about the same amount of content they've had in previous years and now there is more. I love the fan network for the diverse amount of content it brings and I think there is something for everyone who joins it. Also, it's the first year of the Fan Network so I'm sure they'll adjust their content after going through trial and error.

Point taken... and I can see how it may appeal to others who have a few years of eligibility left and want to see what it's like w/ the "big boys." (aka. You Tube generation) But when I first saw the feature I was excited by the prospect of seeing the following format:

1. Wake up call slash bkfst seg (:15-:20)

2. Stretchblock/Run montage (:15-:20)

3. Clips throughout the day from Warmup -> sectional time -> caption rehearsal -> full corp rehearsal/drill learning (:30-1:00ish)

4. End of the night thoughts from member (:15-:20)

I think that format would appeal more to all ages/interest levels and give better insight into the daily grind of D&BC (IMO)

Maybe that is still to come? (or another corps is doing it and I haven't stumbled across it?)

eP

Point taken... and I can see how it may appeal to others who have a few years of eligibility left and want to see what it's like w/ the "big boys." (aka. You Tube generation) But when I first saw the feature I was excited by the prospect of seeing the following format:

1. Wake up call slash bkfst seg (:15-:20)

2. Stretchblock/Run montage (:15-:20)

3. Clips throughout the day from Warmup -> sectional time -> caption rehearsal -> full corp rehearsal/drill learning (:30-1:00ish)

4. End of the night thoughts from member (:15-:20)

I think that format would appeal more to all ages/interest levels and give better insight into the daily grind of D&BC (IMO)

Maybe that is still to come? (or another corps is doing it and I haven't stumbled across it?)

eP

I agree, there is definitely a lot of room for corps to have even more diverse content. Since it's the first year, there will definitely be a lot of experiments that corps will try. A good thing about the internet is that you can easily track how many times a video has been accessed. If a corps sees that a certain video has not garnered a lot of attention, they might change it up a bit and even look at suggestions given by the public. DCP is a GREAT place to be because we have several direct contacts with corps directors, board members, etc.

I'm sure this has been said before but I'd like to see more corps having regular features but I expect that to happen over the years anyway. I really hope DCI made it cheap and easy for corps to upload content into their servers so there is more open access. I'd also like to see videos created and edited by the public added to the Fan Network (with specific guidelines of course). One guideline would be that the corps the fan is making the video for approves it.

Just to clarify, when you've already paid a fee for something I don't understand why any given corps would charge an additional fee for their preason clips. Now the more formal recordings and videos later during the actual season is another matter.

Great addition by SCV today - their brass and guard are sounding and looking good. Check it out!

Yeah, the Body preview. They are looking good. Can't wait!

I don't know when it was added, but FULL SCREEN viewing is now available!!!!

Thanks, Fan Network!! :blink:

Just noticed this myself and was coming here to share the news. I'm gald they have done this, I was beginning to worry that the web-casts may not be available in full screen. Thanks Fan Network!

Just to clarify, when you've already paid a fee for something I don't understand why any given corps would charge an additional fee for their preason clips. Now the more formal recordings and videos later during the actual season is another matter.

You can still watch these without paying a fee - just click on the name. You only have to pay to download the performance. Most of these that I've seen have been the BD's ScoJo's Licks and their encore performance. But you can still watch them for free. :blink: (Though you probably knew that already...)

Edited by JustABandMom

Crown Minute #25 - lunch with the trumpets. Go trumpets! (Hi Jeff)

SCV Preview of Body - nice clip!

Madisonic #6 - Plate Line - Liked the salute to previous cymbal lines. Thanks for the intro - nice to meet the guys behind the cool flash! We'll look forward to seeing you on the field.

Academy - thanks for the clip of your show - looks like it was a treat to see.

Glassmen - nice clip - good to hear from you.

Thanks to all the corps for their contributions. I've been enjoying all the different offerings. Nice to catch glimpses of the different personalities of the corps, the members and the shows.

Cadets - where are your clips on Fan Network? Did you forget to upload them?