The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I just heard that madison will have a fleur in the closer..."I freaked out at the end because I was sitting there waiting to take a pic of the fleur de li and then it was over. I thought I'd missed it, but derek said they haven't added it yet."...yeah, heck yeah...

It is true that the Scouts are getting the new closer before Denver. But, where did you hear it will include the corps classic insignia? Is yours a reliable source?

I think they should have loose fitting red satin shirts rather than the white t-shirts.

Anything with color....preferrably red...would work. Flags could use a little more color as well.

Flags could use a little more color as well.

That was my thought too, the very first time I saw them on the field in Madison. I think our silks pale in comparison to the other corps we're trying to surpass.

I really hate to be critical since there is SOOO much about this show I love. Perhaps it's all part of the master plan -- additional ending, new flags, and new guard shirts those last couple of weeks leading up to the Championships?

... and brothers Bakker

... and father/son Linley

... and brothers Spilde

... and brothers Ramthun

... and so on and so forth...

Anyone out there have the low-down on the Stanbury performance in Brookfield, MO? I.E., was this simply a standstill for the good folks at Standbury, or was this one of those all day practices in a stadium that eventually led to an end of day, full uniform performance opportunity?

Inquiring minds need to know??

I think mknight96 implied that he's going. He's only about an hour away, so I would assume that he did. If so, hopefully he'll post his thoughts when he gets back.

I know he's had students marching there in the past, but I'm not sure about this year.

I think mknight96 implied that he's going. He's only about an hour away, so I would assume that he did. If so, hopefully he'll post his thoughts when he gets back.

I know he's had students marching there in the past, but I'm not sure about this year.

I saw the Scouts in Oswego and quite frankly I cannot believe they didn't take second place by a LONG shot over Spirit and Crossmen.

For what it's worth it's enough for me to know that the scouts have an entertaining show more so than spirit and xmen, I just hope the judges will realize that soon...

I think they should have loose fitting red satin shirts rather than the white t-shirts.

I agree... the white shirts are lacking, and definitely unattractive on most of the guys. I suggest contacting Chris K and others who can make this suggestion directly instead of just posting on DCP... it's not likely corps management is checking these boards, although I know that Chris does at times. I think they were meant to look like macho muscle-t's, but it's not coming off that way. The white shirts and black pants are a single unit (unitard), but that doesn't stop them from wearing another shirt over that.

I agree... the white shirts are lacking, and definitely unattractive on most of the guys. I suggest contacting Chris K and others who can make this suggestion directly instead of just posting on DCP... it's not likely corps management is checking these boards, although I know that Chris does at times. I think they were meant to look like macho muscle-t's, but it's not coming off that way. The white shirts and black pants are a single unit (unitard), but that doesn't stop them from wearing another shirt over that.

unitard.. i want one