The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Great year Scouts! Can't wait for the announcement of next year's show (do it sooner than April...PLEASE!!!!!!)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go, Scouts! CONGRATULATIONS on making DCI finals, and doing it in such stellar fashion! I'm so thrilled for Nathan; he got to experience something I never did. Here's to many more! :worthy:

Edited by byline

Not Cool!

Tom has been pretty supportive of the corps both with his comments and his money. You make us all look bad when you say crap like that!

Tom, thanks for the good thoughts for our corps! :worthy:

You need to take your computer in for a check-up. It seems your "sarcasm decoder module" is malfunctioning.

Thanks Madison Scouts for a really entertaining show and a great season! I thought it was interesting that the most entertaining shows (for me) came in on the fours. 1, Phantom Regiment; 4, Carolina Crown; 8, Blue Stars; and 12, Madison Scouts. OK, technically the Phantom Regiment show was not on the fours, but I think it was one of the best shows of all time! I hope the Scouts push fund raising this off season and come back in 2009 in a really strong position.

Vic Russell

can some one explain to me why the Scouts Bass Line was the last to leave the retreat block...they had to be asked to leave so Regiment could do their encore. I thought it was a little strange

anybody know???

Maybe just their way of saying congrats to PR? I hope it was something like that... and not taken as disrespect.

When I was in and we were at the point of knowing we just wouldn't catch SCV's drumline score-wise (last show before DCI week) we (the snare line) held up in leaving the field a little and when we walked by them, we gave them a worked out salute to show respect. We had all become bud's by the end of the season ... including an awesome jam session the night before what I'm talking about here.

Congratulations Scouts!

What a great DCI season. Thank you to the drum corps & DCI.

2009 beginning: GO SCOUTS! :tongue:

Edited by Brent

hey I'm back....I guess some of you missed me. I feel so honored by that. Thanks.

1. I was wrong when I said that Madison would not make finals. This year's show improved dramatically without all the craziness of all night rehearsals like last year. I believe I owe Weedy a coke for that one. I'll be in the Madison area over Labor Day and would love to make good on that.

2. The guard made great progress from early in the year. I still disagree with the decision on the uniforms and the use of the AirBlades.

3. When was the last time two Wisconsin corps made finals? Now, how do we get three in finals?

4. I think Jeff Spanos should be looked at seriously for Director of the Year after these last two seasons. Just for Project Baraboo alone.

5. Give money to the Scouts.

6. 12th place is a great start, not an huge accomplishment in the grander scheme. I'm sure the staff and the members also think so. Yes, the corps now performs on Saturday...but now we need to focus on how we do our part to see if we can help the corps perform later in the evening on Saturday (bigger crowd). Our part is supporting the corps with our volunteer time, talent and financial support.

7. It's been a blast. Great year for the Midwest.

8. 2009 starts today....are you ready?