The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal a one hit wonder? Really? What year? No, he made finals EVERY YEAR he was director. 6th in 2005!!!! (5th until finals) Ever check Sal's WGI record? No, Sal is as good as it gets in this activity. If you check around with people that know, you'll find this to be the truth. Let Sal have the same tenure as Fiedler, and I'll bet you'll get great results. It takes time my friends.

What about all the no shows at public functions? The corps members & staff were there...& he wasn't...on numerous occasions...I figured you wouldn't address that...maybe you didn't know. Sal is as good as it gets? Ummm no...the directors that I mentioned are as good as it gets...Sal was a mistake...& the BOD realized it & FIRED HIM...& he will never be a corp director again.

I'm not arguing that getting rid of Sal was or wasn't the right thing (at this point, I could care less)...but you MORONS saying that he was a one hit wonder and attacking his character are probably the biggest idiots I have ever heard in the activity. Sal is one the most well respected as well as generous and kind people in the activity. He is a DCI Director of the Year, a WGI Hall of Famer, and a very well-respected judge in many venues. Not to mention, he is a "brother" and I was pretty certain that "brothers" are never supposed to turn on each other. You people are plain dumb...good luck with your throw back to the past--I really hope it works out for you (I'm certainly not impressed). The alumni seem to only be happy when they are down-and-out and beating their chests about the past. Please stop attacking people who do wonderful things for this activity.

I'm not arguing that getting rid of Sal was or wasn't the right thing (at this point, I could care less)...but you MORONS saying that he was a one hit wonder and attacking his character are probably the biggest idiots I have ever heard in the activity. Sal is one the most well respected as well as generous and kind people in the activity. He is a DCI Director of the Year, a WGI Hall of Famer, and a very well-respected judge in many venues. Not to mention, he is a "brother" and I was pretty certain that "brothers" are never supposed to turn on each other. You people are plain dumb...good luck with your throw back to the past--I really hope it works out for you (I'm certainly not impressed). The alumni seem to only be happy when they are down-and-out and beating their chests about the past. Please stop attacking people who do wonderful things for this activity.

A Brother who happens to be the Director of the Madison Scouts should show up & participate at public functions, dontcha think? There were events that were scheduled with possible sponsors & community officials...& the guy was a NO SHOW.

How long would you survive in your job if you acted like this? Thats right...not long... The BOD had no choice given the noise level from within & outside the Scouts organization.

A Brother who happens to be the Director of the Madison Scouts should show up & participate at public functions, dontcha think? There were events that were scheduled with possible sponsors & community officials...& the guy was a NO SHOW.

How long would you survive in your job if you acted like this? Thats right...not long... The BOD had no choice given the noise level from within & outside the Scouts organization.

Uhm...I was on staff there and saw him ALL the time...curious...where were you? Better yet, who are you?

The noise level from within and outside...seems to me the people that like and respect the Scouts currently are those people that "make all the noise". All your uproars seem to be working quite well, huh? LOL...this thread is boring me. Good luck with the rest of your season.

What about all the no shows at public functions? The corps members & staff were there...& he wasn't...on numerous occasions...I figured you wouldn't address that...maybe you didn't know. Sal is as good as it gets? Ummm no...the directors that I mentioned are as good as it gets...Sal was a mistake...& the BOD realized it & FIRED HIM...& he will never be a corp director again.

Sal was a great director and a great person.

For me, it was an honor to march under him.

Once he became Executive Director, his appearances diminished. He told the members that he couldn't always be there. He had other responsibilities besides making face value appearances to appease the public. We knew he cared and that he would be there for us, no matter what. In my 4 years, I can count on hand the times he wasn't there. So are you saying that public appearances are what make a director?

Sal this...Boerma that...BOD this...guard staff that...brass staff that...

Let it go.

Whats done is done.

The corps is moving on...others need to follow suit.

Back to the 2008 edition of the corps..

Edited by ScoutSpinner03

Sal a one hit wonder? Really? What year? No, he made finals EVERY YEAR he was director. 6th in 2005!!!! (5th most of the year) Ever check Sal's WGI record? No, Sal is as good as it gets in this activity. If you check around with people that know, you'll find this to be the truth. Let Sal have the same tenure as Fiedler, and I'll bet you'll get great results. It takes time my friends.

OK,

The Sal love fest is starting to wear a little thin. I think Sal might be happy to learn that he has a few groupies that meet here regularly. But, just a suggestion, let's give the guy his due accolades, but, it's really becoming very old and very late news in relation to the 2008 Scouts and the current Organization. I realize old loves die hard. But I'm really starting to think that Sal is morphing into something larger then life. Mount Rushmore is certainly out of question. And last I checked, winning DCI, consistent top 3 or consistent top 4, 5 or 6 hasn't happened yet for Sal. So these comparisons to the "Rarefied air Club" are a bit pre-mature.

Most of the stuff I read attributed to the legacy of Sal is simply way off. I marched with Sal. I marched when Sal was part of our Staff. I was on the Board when Sal was hired (but not there when he was dismissed). I just spoke with Sal a few days ago.

Personally, I think Sal's a great guy and a creative genius. I personally believe that after Sal was hired that a particular individual on the Board strongly sold us on the idea of Sal taking on new responsibilities that in hind sight he had no business taking on. I believe this was simply done to improve his personal cash flow situation, but a man has a responsibility of understanding his own strengths and weaknesses. It became very evident to me that these new responsibilities set him up to fail. Sal's gifting's are creative, not in business. I believe it was the business side of his daily responsibilities that ultimately led to his downfall and ultimate dismissal. The final outcome resulted with strong arguments and emotions on both ends of the spectrum. The Board made their decision based upon information not privy to the general public. All I will say is, that for the majority of Sal defenders and detractors.....most of you are completely wrong in the information department. Furthermore, Sal is not a gifted orator or great leader of men. That doesn't mean he wasn't suited for the position. He did what many do, he surrounded himself with very capable individuals. If you didn't know otherwise, you'd think at the time that Michael Cizerio was the corps director. That's because he was the voice of direction and vision for the corps. It is true that in some regards the Scouts experienced a resurgence of success on Sal's watch. But to pronounce that Sal was the end all and be all to this resurgence is a severely lacking and narrow conclusion.

OK,

The Sal love fest is starting to wear a little thin. I think Sal might be happy to learn that he has a few groupies that meet here regularly. But, just a suggestion, let's give the guy his due accolades, but, it's really becoming very old and very late news in relation to the 2008 Scouts and the current Organization. I realize old loves die hard. But I'm really starting to think that Sal is morphing into something larger then life. Mount Rushmore is certainly out of question. And last I checked, winning DCI, consistent top 3 or consistent top 4, 5 or 6 hasn't happened yet for Sal. So these comparisons to the "Rarefied air Club" are a bit pre-mature.

Most of the stuff I read attributed to the legacy of Sal is simply way off. I marched with Sal. I marched when Sal was part of our Staff. I was on the Board when Sal was hired (but not there when he was dismissed). I just spoke with Sal a few days ago.

Personally, I think Sal's a great guy and a creative genius. I personally believe that after Sal was hired that a particular individual on the Board strongly sold us on the idea of Sal taking on new responsibilities that in hind sight he had no business taking on. I believe this was simply done to improve his personal cash flow situation, but a man has a responsibility of understanding his own strengths and weaknesses. It became very evident to me that these new responsibilities set him up to fail. Sal's gifting's are creative, not in business. I believe it was the business side of his daily responsibilities that ultimately led to his downfall and ultimate dismissal. The final outcome resulted with strong arguments and emotions on both ends of the spectrum. The Board made their decision based upon information not privy to the general public. All I will say is, that for the majority of Sal defenders and detractors.....most of you are completely wrong in the information department. Furthermore, Sal is not a gifted orator or great leader of men. That doesn't mean he wasn't suited for the position. He did what many do, he surrounded himself with very capable individuals. If you didn't know otherwise, you'd think at the time that Michael Cizerio was the corps director. That's because he was the voice of direction and vision for the corps. It is true that in some regards the Scouts experienced a resurgence of success on Sal's watch. But to pronounce that Sal was the end all and be all to this resurgence is a severely lacking and narrow conclusion.

EXACTLY...

<quote deleted - MikeN>

Sorry for the spelling error brother.....if you are brother. I do tend to make mistakes in life, especially at 2:00 am. I guess it's that whole human thing. It seems though that by your standards, a spelling error invalidates anything anyone else has to say. I can only hope that you will never be held to the same standard that you just pronounced upon me. Your personal attack via name calling though is quite telling. I'm guessing that your upset and some how feel that I might be a Sal or Micheal Cesario detractor. Actually, quite the opposite.

Again, please forgive my error and take care.

Geez, guys... CHILL ALREADY!

Namecalling will do nothing but get this thread shut down.

History is just that... in the PAST... let it drop already. Everyone's getting tired of your petty bickering about which management team did this and that, who you thought did a better job, and who marched the best years.

I take a break to watch Phantom killing off guard members at the Rose Bowl, and meanwhile you guys are trying to kill each other off on the forums.

ENOUGH!!! There's nothing else you can say that you haven't already said a gazillion times before on this thread... you're all talking yourselves around in circles at this point. I don't see anything in the last few pages about the 2008 Scouts, nor even any GO SCOUTS anymore.

So, to get things back on track...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ GO SCOUTS!!!!! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~