The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boerma is truly one of the great arrangers in DCI history.

I don't think he's anywhere near the great ones. The greatest arrangers, in my opinion, are Jay Bocook, JD Shaw, Michael Klesch, and Key Poulan.

Back to the 2008 Scouts.

I just talked with my son. He said that the concert was well attended and the Pggly Wiggly meal was truly a gift that was priceless ! They will be loading up at 7:00 pm. and head to Kazoo.

Bill

GO SCOUTS !

Back to the 2008 Scouts.

I just talked with my son. He said that the concert was well attended and the Pggly Wiggly meal was truly a gift that was priceless ! They will be loading up at 7:00 pm. and head to Kazoo.

Bill

GO SCOUTS !

Did he get the Piggly Wiggly T-Shirt? You know those are prized possessions.

I think Boerma is indeed a great arranger. He's written shows every bit as good as the folks you listed.

I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT :thumbup:

Are you really going to try and paint Sal as an altruist when his salary was 3 times what Stewart made? I dont doubt Sal bled Madison, but before he bled Scouts he bled Commodores, then Spirit, then Glassmen, then Glassmen again. So before you start talking about whos in it for the money you should pause and reflect.

My own view was that it was Cesario who became the heart and soul of that corps. Every time I came by Sal was off in the background. Kids I know who marched said Cesario was the guy giving the rah rah speeches talking about what it meant to be a Scout.

They probably cant afford him.

Pause....... and reflect....... Why do all of your posts come back to Scott Stewart? Does Dave Gibbs make more money than Scott Stewart made? (Not counting the free rent Scott recieved) ...... How about Fiedler, or Brian Hickman? Hopkins? Why don't you compare what other Div I directors are making and compare it to what Sal was paid. Isn't that a better comparison? Try guidestar.org and you'll see that Sal's salary wasn't at all out of line compared with other directors. It's like saying Bret Favre should get the same salary as Bart Starr. Times have changed. Scott Stewart was a great director for his era, maybe one of the best of all time, but you can't run a drum corps in 2008 like it's 1990 and expect to be successful.

Maybe this thread should be retitled and moved to the historical area so that those who want to "re-fight the war" can hash it out there.

In the meantime, congrats to the staff and the kids of the 2008 for a solid four days' practice that resulted is a little validation from the judges. Hope they can keep it up!

Edited by Jim Anello