The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Geez, guys... CHILL ALREADY!

Namecalling will do nothing but get this thread shut down.

History is just that... in the PAST... let it drop already. Everyone's getting tired of your petty bickering about which management team did this and that, who you thought did a better job, and who marched the best years.

I take a break to watch Phantom killing off guard members at the Rose Bowl, and meanwhile you guys are trying to kill each other off on the forums.

ENOUGH!!! There's nothing else you can say that you haven't already said a gazillion times before on this thread... you're all talking yourselves around in circles at this point. I don't see anything in the last few pages about the 2008 Scouts, nor even any GO SCOUTS anymore.

So, to get things back on track...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ GO SCOUTS!!!!! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AMEN! Linda is absolutley right! If you really want to rehash the past, have the moderators move this to the Historical Drum Corps area and call it something else, because it sure isn't a discussion of the 2008 Scouts.

Edited by Jim Anello

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, guys... CHILL ALREADY!

Namecalling will do nothing but get this thread shut down.

History is just that... in the PAST... let it drop already. Everyone's getting tired of your petty bickering about which management team did this and that, who you thought did a better job, and who marched the best years.

I take a break to watch Phantom killing off guard members at the Rose Bowl, and meanwhile you guys are trying to kill each other off on the forums.

ENOUGH!!! There's nothing else you can say that you haven't already said a gazillion times before on this thread... you're all talking yourselves around in circles at this point. I don't see anything in the last few pages about the 2008 Scouts, nor even any GO SCOUTS anymore.

So, to get things back on track...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ GO SCOUTS!!!!! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Amen again! Go 2008 Scouts!!!!!!

Agreed. Take it outside, gentlemen and/or ladies. You can't be a Scouts fan without having a strong opinion about the corp's past and how it affects the current organization, but it doesn't have to dominate the discussion or enjoyment of the current corps. I'm as anxious as anyone to see the Scouts return to their rightful place of prominence in the activity :thumbup: , but that's dependent upon how the current BOD, staff, volunteers and members work together, not on staff who are no longer here. Learn from the past, but don't live in it.

Go Scouts!!!

New video on the Fan Network:

"2008 Madisonic #12 - Cedarburg Performance

July 3, 2008 - Okay DCPers, you asked for it...here it is. The Scouts perform in Cedarburg, WI on July 3, 2008."

AMEN! Linda is absolutley right! If you really want to rehash the past, have the moderators move this to the Historical Drum Corps area and call it something else, because it sure isn't a discussion of the 2008 Scouts.

Jim,

Yes, Linda is correct and it would be refreshing if the desired outcome of complete focus on the 2008 Scouts would be 100% achievable. But, when the topic has anything to do with the Madison Scouts, be it 2008 or otherwise, Jim, you of all people should know.....We all should know what's about to occur. A corps with a 70 year history is one thing, but for those 70 years to be as impassioned and tumultuous as the Madison Scouts has been, and then to expect a higher virtue to magically appear is no different then throwing red meat into a lions den and expecting no response. To keep the discussion completely on the 2008 Scouts is a highly admirable but blissfully naive concept. It's also evident that some of these same blissfully naive, rose colored glasses types lack any discernible appreciation for the gate keepers in this thread. I.E. those of us who've paid the price and earned the position to speak and defend our beloved corps honor and reputation. Those naive I'm referring to participate in pronouncing hurtful labels of being "immature" and lacking "judgment" upon the likes of those Scouts that have the knowledge and ability to disarm the trouble makers and rabble rouser's coming hear looking for a fight. The suggested defense is to ignore. I would think there would be just a little more appreciation for the aforementioned defenders. To lecture, ridicule and stifle the defenders of this corps is both sad, highly flawed and akin to shooting your own. I see this really as a reflection of so many in todays society that refuse to believe that there is such a thing as pure evil in the world that cant be reasoned, negotiated or bartered with. This level of evil continues on the march until it owns you or destroys you and all the while laughs at you as your best defense is to think nice thoughts and sing kume-bi-ya. We absolutely need gate keepers in this world but I guess we shouldn't be surprised when we also despise and spit on our soldiers that come home from war.

Sal this...Boerma that...BOD this...guard staff that...brass staff that...

Let it go.

Whats done is done.

The corps is moving on...others need to follow suit.

Back to the 2008 edition of the corps..

+1!

Go 2008 Scouts!

Go 2008 Scouts!! Go!

WOW, JUST PLAIN WOW ! I just watched the Cedarburg show. What an improvement ! No wonder Frankie was so hyped when he called me after the show. They are cleaning on the opener today.

Just 2 more days till I get to see them for 12 straight days in a row ! :thumbup: My wife and I will be lovin' it !

GO-GO SCOUTS !!!

Bill