The Official 2008 Glassmen Thread

This was a camera-phone picture, and my home monitor is still old and dark. So I apologize if this picture is visible.

Didn't realize that it was supposed to be a secret.

Edited by OUTrumprano

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a rough show. Drill was pretty nasty with all the holes. I talked to my brother several times about it and found out about some of the holes. He said one contra player quit, one baritone sent home from injury, 3 or 4 baritones injured (two expected back very soon), and a trumpet soloist who is injured (did not march but played solo). They are pretty banged up have a lot of holes to fill. I'm hoping a lot of that stuff is better before I see them next week in K-Zoo.

CHS Snare,

First let me say thank you for all of your support for the Glassmen from Oak Shade Ohio. :worthy:

You see a" rough Show". And "Drill was pretty nasty with all the holes." I see 47 years of Glassmen history on the field. Nothing more and nothing less. You may be right and I may be wrong.

Peace

Dean

Not sure Eric Turner has it in for G-men. I haven't written my review of the Mad Town show yet, too busy putting in hours to make up for missing a full days work to attend the show. After seeing several performances, I would agree the music lacks. Maybe not 12th in Madison last evening, but maybe tenth.

Too many repeated statements of the Pee Wee Herman theme, a huge lack of good field placement to ever give drums or hornline a chance to really shine (same problem every year, seems we know what drives their design team), though the pit is good, the battery is not, and as I have stated before and quite a few others have pointed out, the hornline has digressed quite a bit from last year, they sound OK standing, but are rough on the move. The show is better than last and the year before. The show comes across overall as a better brand of Glassmen, but EVERYONE (just about) is better than last year, many considerably. Glassmen seem to not notice what is happening around them with corps 8-20. I wish them the best. I want them to rock it out. All sections deserve great design attention. I fear that when the full panel is put into place and a brass judge is able to see and hear the performance up close, the brass issues will further effect their score negatively.

Yea, they sounded ROUGH to me and had a ton of ensemble pulse problems. You have to question staging for sure. Big guard is staged but that will not get the Gmen to the next level, has to be all elements contributing at a consistent level. I have a feeling they will fall out of the top 12 this year.