Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I hate to say it, but the ship's already sailed on this issue.

Really, on all of it. It's not "if". It's "when".

If the ship has sailed then lets be pirates and sink it!

Don't be a whiner man! All hands on deck!

While I'm a big fan and supporter of keeping amps out of drum corps, I have changed my mind a little, ONLY about the pit, AND if it is done right and not over powering the horn lines. I can see where some pit equipment would need amping.

Anyway, dead horse time... :tongue: I already presented the petition to the BOD and they don't really care what the fans think, trust me.

I have tried to keep an open mind about the other and it just isn't working for me.

I REALLY dread next year when electronics are in.

Let's make them care!

We are going to start a society for preservation and make shirts!

You want one?

Will people continue to state their opinions and be "anti-narration" and "anti-amps" - yes for sure. Will they go the extra mile and totally disassociate themselves from the activity - likely not.

Already done, speaking for myself. Thanks for the tip on clicking on DCI's page. I will stop doing that immediately. Any DCI info I care about (it's dwindling) I'll get from DCP.

Seriously? :tongue:

This topic is about AMPS, not PANTS. Start you're own topic.

Pants are kind of essential. You can't have a show without pants. Who cares what color they are?

You can, however, have a perfectly good show without AMPS. You don't NEED those.

The point I am trying to make is that there are corps that don't use vocal amplification and a much smaller number that do use it.

There is something for everyone! However you people don't want there to be something in drum corps for people who actually enjoy vocal amplification. Why are you being so selfish? Why can't people that like vocal amplification have a few corps too?

If I don't like classical music on the field that doesn't mean we should ban corps from playing classical music because there are some people that do enjoy classical music on the field. I don't have to be excited about every single corps, and nobody else does either.

Pants are kind of essential. You can't have a show without pants.

You don't remember Bridgemen in the rain? :tongue:

I strongly dissagree! :tongue:

Being out of touch is doing nothing and telling people to quit trying! Standing by while something you love changes for the worse!

Do you even know what rules just passed? They suck!

I'm GOING to the shows! You should all go to the shows! Buy your suvies! Talk to people! Be influential! Proudly wear shirts! I know what mine will say!

You aren't going to change things by staying home and grumbling about "the only way". There is always a way!

KEEP CORPS UNPLUGGED! BAN THE AMP!

Sorry but that will do about as much as all the other people that have worn t-shirts.

Money talks. The withdrawal of money screams.

The point I am trying to make is that there are corps that don't use vocal amplification and a much smaller number that do use it.

There is something for everyone! However you people don't want there to be something in drum corps for people who actually enjoy vocal amplification. Why are you being so selfish? Why can't people that like vocal amplification have a few corps too?

If I don't like classical music on the field that doesn't mean we should ban corps from playing classical music because there are some people that do enjoy classical music on the field. I don't have to be excited about every single corps, and nobody else does either.

You're talking apples and oranges my friend.

Music is music is music to me. Let the good times roll.

Talking OVER the music is not music - it's talking.

Classical, Jazz, Modern, Pop - I don't care what kind of music you use... I just don't want to hear talking over it in Drum Corp! For now, you have what YOU want!

If you want to keep amped voices so bad then you should fight for it. Personally, I would like to see it wiped off the map of Drum Corp! This is my QUEST! You are going to have to come up with a better argument than music to convince me of amped voice's merits. Nice try though

There is something for everyone!

Agreed. For people that want narration on a football field, there's band....

This is (was) drum corps.