Keep Corps UNPLUGGED!

So you are dismissing the poll based on your own suppositions around what motivates people to vote in polls, and you're calling the poll unscientific??? :blink:

You know absolutely nothing about polling do you? I'm not just making this #### up. Nothing I have said has been MY idea, it is the basics of doing a valid poll.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know absolutely nothing about polling do you? I'm not just making this #### up. Nothing I have said has been MY idea, it is the basics of doing a valid poll.

It was a simple question. Let me restate it. What makes your speculation around peoples motivation to respond to a poll more scientific than the poll itself?

Translation of the translation: We must meet Pinwiz's standards of conduct before we can post.....

Sorry - you're not a consideration in my decision to post.

No, you can post. Feel free. But it's as fair a response for me to say "What are you doing about it?" as it is for you to respond to me "I have every right to post."

It just seems self-defeating for anyone to focus all their energy here on DCP complaining about the situation. All I'm trying to do is encourage you to divert some of that energy into a path that might actually make a difference about this "problem". Why is that a bad thing?

Edited by Pinwiz

... Are the t-shirts done yet?

And will the SPDC require member dues?

No, you can post. Feel free. But it's as fair a response for me to say "What are you doing about it?" as it is for you to respond to me "I have every right to post."

It just seems self-defeating for anyone to focus all their energy here on DCP complaining about the situation. All I'm trying to do is encourage you to divert some of that energy into a path that might actually make a difference about this "problem". Why is that a bad thing?

You make quite a few assumptions here. "all of ones energy" ?? You dont know a thing about the poster(s) Worry about what YOU do, engage in the debate, if you choose, and leave others alone.

How arrogant.

Geoffrey

If you read carefully I'm not just pissing and moaning. (Edit - "pissing" got through the language checks?) I've been encouraging like minded folks (and let's face it, there seem to be one or two...) to follow my lead and let DCI know that they are not getting any more of their money while they're on this rule changing freefall. There are now 20,000 registered DCP members (of which how many are active I have no idea). Can you think of a better forum to advance that idea?

Edited by kusankusho

Wrong Mike Davis, wether it is your opinion or not. Fact: Cadets spoke over music, Bluecoats did not.

Geoffrey

Hmm...i didnt believe you, so i went and watched the show. Turns out you're right, with the exception of a few pit noises / sirens and such. Now, whether that makes a difference, i dont know. I think when a corps talks during the breaks in the music, it makes the narration more indispensible (sp), since there would just be dead time without it. When you talk over music, you can change the timing of the narration, or take it away entirely without changing much. Im pretty sure the first way is harder, and takes a lot more thought / planning.

And how does this translate into revenue ???

I checked the site over 50 times each night at my hotel, what does it mean ?

Geoffrey

Sites get $$ from sponsors based on website hits - it is a pretty standard process for profit and not-for-profit organizations.

Edited by arno0940

Which supports the view that DCI has to look carefully at how it attracts it's audience, as a group....and who the primary target should be. They retain a good percentage of legacy fans, from the anecdotal evidence I have read and seen, and they are targeting the young band market...HS and College. Seems like a good mix.

it seems they lose more legacy fans year after year. and with fewer and fewer corps competing, eventually the youth they crave will solwly dissipate as well.