Favorite all time show that didn't make finals

Academy 2007

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Academy '06

Southwind 2000

Cap Reg 2002- yeah, I know we weren't anywhere near finals quality that year, but hey, I have to be a homer with this one :rolleyes:

Well if we're going to include Finalists for Open Class as shows that didn't make finals, then I'll add ECJ 06 and OC 06 to Academy 06.

Academy '06

Southwind 2000

Cap Reg 2002- yeah, I know we weren't anywhere near finals quality that year, but hey, I have to be a homer with this one :rolleyes:

Southwind 2000

Capital Regiment 2005

Blue Stars 2007

And I think I'll echo the Academy, ECJ and OC 2006 sentiment. All terrific open class shows.

Edited by Musicman1084

Magic of Orlando 1998

Southwind 2000

Blue Knights 2003

those are some pretty solid hornlines on the outside looking in

Scouts 2007

Blue Stars 2007

Colts 2006

It's been a long time since I've seen many of those shows on video but a few really stand out. I'll post the years I've seen live only if I disagree with the outcome. 1990 was so competitive that 3 other corps could have made the list, but that'd be overkill! 8-)

1986 Bluecoats ( Sweet Hornline, similiar to '87 show that DID make finals )

1988 Dutch Boy ( Hot Jazz, hot hornline, prototype show for the '90 show that DID make finals)

1989 Dutch Boy (Red Hot and Cole - Continuation of build up to finals the next year)

1989 Spirit ( Interstallar Suite was different, but interesting and could have been finals worthy if cleaner )

1990 Freelancers ( Batman and John Williams Movie music - This was a culmination of the two previous years work in style and musical content. '90 was a tight year from 11th - 16th place.... VERY tight score wise)

1990 Blue Knights ( Berstein Mass music was beautiful, cool drill ) - They were like the Cadets of the Rocly Mountains, but different... This was a tight year competitively for 11th - 16th place all finals week and year...

1992 Boston ( Russian Show )

1992 Glassmen ( was this the year they had a big DOOR drum and Kites?)

1997 Colts - Blood, Sweat, and Tears

2003 Glassmen ( okay show)

2006 Colts - Continum - Perhaps it should have made finals?

2007 Blue Stars - Power and Grace one of the more competitive years in DCI. This was a great hornline....

Edited by jjeffeory

Definitely BK 2002. Also... hm. I haven't seen 1996 Kiwanis Kavaliers mentioned. And 1993 VK. Those would be my top 3.

'83 Knights

'83 Crossmen

2007 Blue Stars - Power and Grace one of the more competitive years in DCI. This was a great hornline....

I really enjoyed their show last year. :rolleyes: Can't wait to see what they have in store this year.

Colts 2006 was also a good show; they were so close to making finals.

Edited by gbell211