Favorite all time show that didn't make finals

May I offer Dutch Boy 88? And Boston 90?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite Show: VK 91

Others of note:

Academy 07

Cap Reg 06

Suncoast 85

I thought Suncoast made finals in 85.

I thought Suncoast made finals in 85.

Oh my god my mistake, thank you for noticing that.......I meant 82

Stupid moment :tongue:

Edited by Huntington Mallets

Oh my god my mistake, thank you for noticing that.......I meant 82

Stupid moment :tongue:

LOL

NP PROB.

<ouch>

After 30 years there are still hard feelings over this. I had the good fortune to be there that day. I had no particular rooting interest for Troopers or Crossmen. The crowd, however, went absolutely ape #### over Troopers. It was fun to be a part of it. I have experienced few drum corps moments since then that matched that performance by the Troopers and the response of the crowd. But reading some of the interesting posts by others about the particulars of the judging that day, I wonder if there were things going on I was unaware of. But it changes nothing about the intensity of that moment.

What was cool about that era was that the single awesome performance was evaluated on its own - no consideration about who had beaten who the day before.

Actually, that was probably the end of that era....

ps - the Brass-GE judge's tape from that performance is on the 'America's Core' trailer website - I am not in a position to put the link up...

I'd like to plug a show I marched....1998 Tarheel Sun. It was music by Stan Kenton, and we had a lot of fun that year. I sometimes call it the summer I marched Phantom Regiment, because we had so many staffers from Regiment that year :)

Anyway, dig around for the show...it was pretty fun. September Song was a favorite of mine, and we did a pretty good job with El Conga Valiente, Malibu Moonlight, and of course the closer ruled!

Southwind '00...great ballad, recommend seeing it if you haven't yet.

May I offer Dutch Boy 88? And Boston 90?

Why yes you may! I've mentioned Dutch Boy '88 many times as sweet show that didn't make finals. Big, Loud and in your face.