2008 Standings

(and a bunch of ring chasers from Cru ... ouch, I did NOT just say that).

8-)

Ring chasers? Hell Cru had more horns in the winter of the 97' season than the statesmen had... I didn't want a ring, just stability and fun.. which I got.....

I say us 97' fill in peeps did a quality job compared to the few years prior

Kenny

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell Cru had more horns in the winter of the 97' season than the statesmen had...

I can verify that statement's veracity.

I didn't want a ring, just stability and fun.. which I got.....

In 2003, I resembled that statement.

I remember back on RAMD in 2001 or 2002 dueling with TA about the Brigs' winning streak. I reminded him that the streak would eventually end. (The ironic thing is, I was a Brig when it happened.) The back-and-forth was pretty heated at moments. In the same vein, the Bucs' streak will end sometime too. In the meantime, as hard as it can be, some of their supporters may be forgiven for their insufferableness. My heart wants to see the Statesmen pull out a win this weekend, but I highly doubt that will happen. I am confidently predicting another Bucs' win, but I won't feel broken up if I'm proven wrong.

The most important thing is, the best corps should win.

Edited by Dale Bari

I remember back on RAMD in 2001 or 2002 dueling with TA about the Brigs' winning streak. I reminded him that the streak would eventually end. (The ironic things is, I was a Brig when it happened.) The back-and-forth was pretty heated at moments.

The most important thing is, the best corps should win.

I think an investigation is in order. I want to know if Dale Fine was involved in some type of point-shaving scandal or was the streak's ending merely coincidental???? I always thought that our streak ending was a little fishy. I never would have expected Dale's involvement; but now I'm not so sure. :thumbup:

I will support the investigation, but remind everyone of a single individual that people did not want to see win anymore because of the use of helicopters and things of that order. The flambuoyancy had to come to an end eventually.

Dale may be Fine, but he is not the cause of streak ending. I have heard allegations that the same people that had something to do with the 1996 controversy, also had their fingers in the Brigs streak ending. Think about it! That ought to get Jeff working OT...1997 was great for the Brigs, because they never knew they could win. Empire already knew how to win.

This could be trouble if all three Allen brothers get on the same bandwagon.

Donny....( the kinder, gentler ) Allen

I think an investigation is in order. I want to know if Dale Fine was involved in some type of point-shaving scandal or was the streak's ending merely coincidental???? I always thought that our streak ending was a little fishy. I never would have expected Dale's involvement; but now I'm not so sure. :thumbup:

I don't think Dale was involved. I've always blamed it on the lack of sprinkles on my pink cookie at lunch... :lol:

Ring chasers? Hell Cru had more horns in the winter of the 97' season than the statesmen had... I didn't want a ring, just stability and fun.. which I got.....

I say us 97' fill in peeps did a quality job compared to the few years prior

Kenny

Empire (including fill-in peeps) were in the top 3 every year of the 90's. But I'm most proud of all the rookies we had along the way without missing a beat.

Dale may be Fine, but he is not the cause of streak ending. I have heard allegations that the same people that had something to do with the 1996 controversy, also had their fingers in the Brigs streak ending.

:w00t:

:rolleyes:

I think an investigation is in order. I want to know if Dale Fine was involved in some type of point-shaving scandal or was the streak's ending merely coincidental???? I always thought that our streak ending was a little fishy. I never would have expected Dale's involvement; but now I'm not so sure. :rolleyes:

Well, since the statute of limitations has run out, your investigation is moot! I can now reveal all ... but I won't. Suffice it to say, it was a clandestine plot involving Oliver North, G. Gordon Liddy, OJ Simpson, Agent Mulder, and Lee Harvey Oswald. We all met in John Wilkes Booth's barn behind a grassy knoll to go over our assignments and afterward we downed shots of "Magic Bullet" whiskey - of course, that's all in theory.

The truth? Well, all I can say is what Col. Nathan R. Jessup said.

You are absolutely right Jeff!!! Remember the first guy to congratulate the Westshore Pit in 96? That's right, ME. (The Cabs were busy chasing Herschman around the parking lot to the sound of the Benny Hill theme song)

And for all you guys who want to bring up '97 (when Empire and Brigs tied) ... I know that both corps feel cheated, but to me it meant that a couple hundred friends got rings (and a bunch of ring chasers from Cru ... ouch, I did NOT just say that).

8-)

YEP,I REMEMBER THAT ,TOM! (96 WESTSHORE PIT)! THANX! . (Oops! This is Hairbear.)

Edited by CozyChopsCom

I will support the investigation, but remind everyone of a single individual that people did not want to see win anymore because of the use of helicopters and things of that order. The flambuoyancy had to come to an end eventually.

Dale may be Fine, but he is not the cause of streak ending. I have heard allegations that the same people that had something to do with the 1996 controversy, also had their fingers in the Brigs streak ending. Think about it! That ought to get Jeff working OT...1997 was great for the Brigs, because they never knew they could win. Empire already knew how to win.

This could be trouble if all three Allen brothers get on the same bandwagon.

Donny....( the kinder, gentler ) Allen

i was not aware of any 1996 controversy.(but then,i am always the last to know anything) LOL! SEE YA SOON DONNY!