Memorial Stadium turf ripped out today!

#####, moan, #####, moan....I hope some of you aren't this negative about everything else in your life....

If it's fixed, it's fixed. If it's not DCI will find a solution.

Yeah, I know they will... DCI always finds a way to accomodate their fans. And I have no doubt they have this under control. :tongue:

I'm just slightly irked at IU for not keeping people in the loop about this, as this basically came out of nowhere today. They essentially told everyone the field was fine last week. TV stations here in Indianapolis have reported the field was in good condition, contrary to former reports.

For those of you who do not live in Indiana, I don't expect you to completely understand this situation. But this is another laundry listed item that you can add to the BS that comes freeflowing on a daily basis from spokespersons at this lovely place we call IU-Bloomington. Especially the athletic department (e.g. see NCAA infractions, Kelvin Sampson, Bob Knight, etc). It's just frustrating to know that our local U here is never forthcoming about anything, it spews 'unprofessional' to the public eye. I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am today really.

Edited by IMcomguy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone mentioned the stadium in Loiusville, IMO, a GREAT choice. I've been to that show a couple of times but I can't remember if there would be enough seating. Is there 1, 2, or 3 levels??

Let's just hope they have ALL the hash markers done by then too...for The Cadets sake !! :tongue::ph34r:

Does DCI have a plan C ?

Lol..cheapshot lol :ph34r:

Someone said something about McDonald's, Papa John's, Norfolk Naval Base..lol

Let's just hope they have ALL the hash markers done by then too...for The Cadets sake !! :tongue::ph34r:

That was totally un called for...but al ot of fun to read!!!!! :ph34r::blink::tic:

Anywhoo...sweetballs this is a funny situation. I'd love to see the memo on Dan's desk to see where the other plans are if it ain't done in time. I say Carbondale, IL (j/k) I would also would have liked to been a phone bug whaen he got the call the the field was blowed-up. This will be an interesting few weeks.

When did we ever go to a "completed field?"

I mean we started with Lucas Oil, because it was scheduled to be open in August....

Then we moved to IU, because it was completed......

And now we're right back where we started, hoping the field will be ready in August.

I think it will be, I just find it amusing that this keeps happening. I agree with the above statement though...even if Finals means driving in a DCI Shuttle from housing site to housing site to watch each corps do a run through, I'll be pretty psyched. Actually, that sounds like a cool idea anyways!

They are building a new stadium in downtown Indianapolis, perhaps that would be ready......oh......wait!!! :tongue:

Someone said something about McDonald's, Papa John's, Norfolk Naval Base..lol

So where's the stadium at Norfolk? :tongue: Been there a few times and there are some nice big fields on the Air Station side for practice. Only problem is big tailed planes keep taxi-ing thru the area and across the roads. :ph34r:

Back OT: OK, the turf needs replaced. What is the status of what is UNDER the turf? Some stadiums have drainage systems that are complicated as Hades.

Let's just hope they have ALL the hash markers done by then too...for The Cadets sake !! :ph34r::tongue:

This was not meant as a jab at The Cadets. :blink:

I was just saying that I hope all the hash markers are painted or........you know the rest. :ph34r:

Papa John's Stadium use's field turf. According to their website, the stadium has a capacity of 42,000. Probably 20,000 of that on the home side. It appears to be 2 tiered. One big lower bowl ala Rose Bowl and one covered upper deck that doens't appear to have too much seating. There are some nice pictures on their website. As somebody whose marched there, it is a really nice facillity. I hope it doesn't get to that point but it isn't a bad third option if DCI had to do it.