The Port Huron Pub

Catching and passing the Bluecoats was my son's mission tonight. I hope it happens. It will make him very happy. He told me before the season even started that this was going to be a stellar year for BAC.

I hope your son's mission is accomplished this evening. As we all wait for the Cavies to finish then the Scores. It will take at least another 1/2 hour after that for the Recap.

Edited by bobk9258

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching and passing the Blue Coats was my son's mission tonight. I hope it happens. It will make him very happy. He told me before the season even started that this was going to be a stellar year for BAC.

Should catching a corps be someone's mission this early, if at all? When I marched, our sole mission was to put on the best performance that we possibly could. If we did that, we didn't care who we "caught."

No, that wasn't really exactly what I meant. Maybe I stated it wrong. My son, who is very competitive and is in his 5th year marching has always set a goal for himself and his goal has been (since last season) to pass Blue. Trust me, he puts out his best performance every night and if he doesn't he usually lets me know about in detail. He felt their performance last night was not as good as the night before. It's all in his perception, I guess.

Should catching a corps be someone's mission this early, if at all? When I marched, our sole mission was to put on the best performance that we possibly could. If we did that, we didn't care who we "caught."
You marched with who? Sun Coast, I am getting so old I guess I forgot they existed. Edited by bobk9258

I'm pretty sure that's the main objective but catching someone always makes it a little sweeter!

hmmmm that was weird, was on the fan network about 30 minutes ago and there was a clip of the bluecoats show, audio, and it said there was a downloadable cd of the show.....when back just now and clip is gone.....

A nautical phrase is called "dead reckoning". Pick an object on a line between you and your objective. When you reach that object, pick another object between you and your objective. Keep repeating this until you reach your goal.

As we all wait for the Cavies to finish then the Scores. It will take at least another 1/2 hour after that for the Recap.

Hopefully the scores being carried by the Michigan Wolverine

200px-Wolverine_on_rock.jpg

Will be quicker than those carried last night by the Stillwater Gopher

180px-Gopher.jpg

Scores were posted 2 1/2 hours after the show.