The Port Huron Pub

If DCI were totally on top of it, they'd have an Admin page for uploading scores. Then, at each show site, the Tabulator would be responsible for going to said Admin page, uploading the already-defined score format, since of course, everyone running a show would be using the exact same, canned scoring program, right?

Better yet, make the entire scoring package web-based, so the tabulator is typing the scores directly into dci.org.

But that assumes every stadium has internet access. Ever been to those shows in Northern Wisconsin?

I'd donate my web programming and database expertise to DCI to make this happen. I'd even throw $5,000 at the hardware.

I'm pretty sure they already have something like that in place, however...

"Technological limitations at some venues may cause a minimal delay in releasing this information. "

last night the scores were on dci.org BEFORE the announcer even announced all the scores.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bloooooooooo.... parents and fans. Just got off the phone with my son, he said that Blue Coats and BAC did encore together tonght and that he really enjoyed talking with some of the Blue Coats. To quote him, "We made some really cool friends tonight." Not to get all emo (as my son would say), but personally, I think that is awesome.

That's Awesome! :tongue:

Way to go Bluecoats! Nice score. Still more work to do, but I love the show. Just got in from bingo and this is great to see. Excellent score for Cavaliers. WOW, I would have to put them and BD at the top for now. Can't wait to see their show. And as I said in my review of Boston, they are for real. Boston will give Bluecoats, Crown, SCV, and even Phantom a run for their money.

Lot's of competitive corps out there this year. It's great.

JW

That explains why I haven't heard from my son yet. Very nice that they did an encore together. They were housed at the same site last night, so I am sure some new friendships have formed.

Open Class

1 Dutch Boy 52.500

Well - the road to the Bronze for Dutch last year started with a 50.05 at their first show so I'd say, looking good!

Edited by kusankusho

so that puts Cavaliers firmly ahead of Cadets as well. and probably phantom over cadets too.

so who was it that said Cavaliers would destroy this year... hmm....

I tell you again, the highest number of vets EVER for them and a show that's been worked on for years and years.

Cavaliers over Cadets? And Phantom over Cadets? There hasn't been a head to head yet, and Cadets have only been out once....you can't rank simply

by scores from one show to another......also, last year, it took the Cadets awhile to get rolling.......this is no diss on the

Cavaliers, but I think you are assuming alot when the gate just opened at the horserace...and it's a long way to the

finish line......... last year's Cavies were out of the gate fast, yet they were lucky to hold onto 3rd.....years and years? Maybe in the staff's minds, but corps practice one year/one show at a time.........

A one point win over Phantom in the opener is hardly competitive "destruction"........

great drill comments thusfar, but nobody has raved about their musical product thusfar in the reviews , which also was their nemesis last year, and they lost

music to Phantom in 06.....it took "sudden" 19.9's in 06 in visual in finals to get the win..........

I will wait until I see and hear finshed products going head to head before I make my call, and this season has just begun.....I think we will

have another strong top 6, and all could be quite competitive by August..............................

GB

Should catching a corps be someone's mission this early, if at all? When I marched, our sole mission was to put on the best performance that we possibly could. If we did that, we didn't care who we "caught."

Seriously. Are we out to "get" someone already! My son's mission is to keep going up, be better than the night before, and help the rookies be comfortable on the field. I would be embarrassed to post something like that about my child. I hope I taught him about self satisfaction, rather than beating down someone else.

Cavaliers over Cadets? And Phantom over Cadets? There hasn't been a head to head yet, and Cadets have only been out once....you can't rank simply

by scores from one show to another......also, last year, it took the Cadets awhile to get rolling.......this is no diss on the

Cavaliers, but I think you are assuming alot when the gate just opened at the horserace...and it's a long way to the

finish line......... last year's Cavies were out of the gate fast, yet they were lucky to hold onto 3rd.....years and years? Maybe in the staff's minds, but corps practice one year/one show at a time.........

A one point win over Phantom in the opener is hardly competitive "destruction"........

great drill comments thusfar, but nobody has raved about their musical product thusfar in the reviews , which also was their nemesis last year, and they lost

music to Phantom in 06.....it took "sudden" 19.9's in 06 in visual in finals to get the win..........

I will wait until I see and hear finshed products going head to head before I make my call, and this season has just begun.....I think we will

have another strong top 6, and all could be quite competitive by August..............................

GB

I think we're going to have a strong top 12, not just a "strong top 6"

And they'll be quite a healthy competitive battle for that 12th spot for Final's too that should prove VERY interesting.