The Port Huron Pub

Seriously. Are we out to "get" someone already! My son's mission is to keep going up, be better than the night before, and help the rookies be comfortable on the field. I would be embarrassed to post something like that about my child. I hope I taught him about self satisfaction, rather than beating down someone else.

You need to read all of the posts prior to this one because it wasn't meant to be out to "get" someone as more of a personal goal to shoot for. I happened to word it wrong and fixed it in a later post. My son has friends on the Bluecoats and he would never "beat down someone else" in any corp. His personal goal night after night is to put it all out there on the field and shoot for the best score.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Port Huron... isn't this the show where a thick fog rolled in one year and made the field kind of eerily cool? I marched Port Huron a time or two... but no fog.

Did we already talk about this? Sorry if so...

Cavies with a 76 tonight, eh? About where SCV was last year at this time.

Seriously. Are we out to "get" someone already! My son's mission is to keep going up, be better than the night before, and help the rookies be comfortable on the field. I would be embarrassed to post something like that about my child. I hope I taught him about self satisfaction, rather than beating down someone else.

To each their own, we all have our own motivations to be successful, nobody is wrong and vise versa IMO. Just glad so many organizations are finding success this year.

Noone is out to 'get' anyone! Tthere is no harm in setting another corps in your sights and trying catch them or even pass them. The only way to do this it to go out and give your best performances, to be better than the night before. Bluecoats are a great corps and right now they are giving BAC something to chase and aspire to, what is the harm in someones child wanting to catch them up. It doesnt mean that he hasnt been taught about self satisfaction or that he is beating the Bluecoats down. I am sure all corps kids get huge satisfaction in going out there and giving their best and giving the crowd something spectacular to watch. Of course scores are important to all of us, the kids and everyone else involved, why else would otherwise sane adults hang around these forums waiting for scores and recaps instead of going to bed at a sensible time!

No, that wasn't really exactly what I meant. Maybe I stated it wrong. My son, who is very competitive and is in his 5th year marching has always set a goal for himself and his goal has been (since last season) to pass Blue. Trust me, he puts out his best performance every night and if he doesn't he usually lets me know about in detail. He felt their performance last night was not as good as the night before. It's all in his perception, I guess.
I'm pretty sure that's the main objective but catching someone always makes it a little sweeter!

Now I get what you mean. Even though I marched with the majority of Boston's staff of the last few years, I expect great improvement from the new mgt and staff. Best of luck to your son!

Cavaliers over Cadets? And Phantom over Cadets? There hasn't been a head to head yet, and Cadets have only been out once....you can't rank simply

by scores from one show to another......also, last year, it took the Cadets awhile to get rolling.......this is no diss on the

Cavaliers, but I think you are assuming alot when the gate just opened at the horserace...and it's a long way to the

finish line......... last year's Cavies were out of the gate fast, yet they were lucky to hold onto 3rd.....years and years? Maybe in the staff's minds, but corps practice one year/one show at a time.........

A one point win over Phantom in the opener is hardly competitive "destruction"........

great drill comments thusfar, but nobody has raved about their musical product thusfar in the reviews , which also was their nemesis last year, and they lost

music to Phantom in 06.....it took "sudden" 19.9's in 06 in visual in finals to get the win..........

I will wait until I see and hear finshed products going head to head before I make my call, and this season has just begun.....I think we will

have another strong top 6, and all could be quite competitive by August..............................

GB

I've raved about their music.... 2002 quality of sound. Haunting pit. Sweet battery....

Percussion:

Cavaliers 14.9

Bluecoats 14.5

VERY interesting...

My guess is that the writing in the pit really impressed the percussion judge? I can't wait to hear Bloooos show & Boston as well. Man this is an interesting season.