Will Regiment change their Uniforms before end of season?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would love to see Phantom in an all black uni again, I just don't think any uniform changes would be a good financial decision at this time.

OK, I'm lost. How could red and brown not work against predominently white with some silver thrown in? Against yellow, purple, teal, etc. you might have some argument, but white?

Regards,

John

It's not so much that it "doesn't work" as much as for me it is mostly because there is no other accents that have the same colors as the drum shells. I thought the drum shells might inform new colors for a baldric, gauntlet, plume, whatever.

again...

:bla:

this may help the discussion (from regiment.org):

Calling All Volunteers and Sewers

We're putting out a call for any and all volunteers and especially sewers who are able to help us finish a large project. In the past, the baldrics and gauntlets were made by our uniform supplier, but this year we will need to design and make them ourselves. So we are looking for anyone interested in helping sew, whether it's at camp next weekend, or even if we can send you work to do from home.

Also this next weekend at camp, we will be doing our annual plume building for our helmets. This is an assembly line type project. The more the merrier! So if you're available this weekend, please stop on by.

I've done some messing around with my idea of a crimson color for the baldric, sash and plume. Didn't turn out the way I envisioned. Maybe something rust colored would translate better on the field.

I also think a cape of any kind would be more of a hinderence than a positive addition to the colors on the field, especially with the movements in the show.

I remember back in the day when things were slower they still occasional created equipment problems especially when it rained.

Edited by Phantombari1

Would this be feasible?

800px-Roman_Helmet(Costume).jpg

But hopefully not this...

20050622_110_Romans.jpg

It doesn't matter if Regiment changes uniforms. The show is already awesome. They have a good chance to win it all this year.

Well, I thought this was a best kept secret, but I guess the cat is out of the bag. I can now, officially, confirm that Phantom will indeed debut new uniforms which have been inspired by the "Roman" theme of Sparticus.

Phantom had closed the test stadium from the public to keep this secret, so it was just lucky I had a camera with a good telephoto lens so we can all get a preview of the '08 unis.

Enjoy!

04_19_2005_indiana_91.jpg

Edited by wvu80