Which do you prefer ?

Which "Version" of the Cadets do U prefer ?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Self explanatory

• Cadets/Garfield 1982 - 2004
    • Cadets 2005 - 2008

Nothing amazing about this result. It merely shows that the majority of those who voted preferred the Cadets performances before 2005 - That's what the poll asked, and we clearly have an answer. No surprise at all really.

I would bet that any 3 year period versus any 22 year period would have similar results

Do people prefer 1982-1994 and 1998-2007 or do they prefer 1995-1997?

If the results are similar then I guess we can conclude that 1995-1997 were terrible years for The Cadets

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last Cadets show I really enjoyed was 89. 93 was ok and 01 was great if I only include Moon Dance. So yeah, I can't vote. Not to hammer a great corps, but I personally feel like I'm at a cheese factory while watching them--most years.

I would bet that any 3 year period versus any 22 year period would have similar results

Do people prefer 1982-1994 and 1998-2007 or do they prefer 1995-1997?

If the results are similar then I guess we can conclude that 1995-1997 were terrible years for The Cadets

No - the poll is obviously asking whether the majority of DCPers preferred the type of shows the cadets performed before the electronic, singing, yacking, tables, doors, and bunnys era. The answer is clear. How can you not see that? Your "any three years would get the same result" argument makes no sense because it's only been the last three years that they have been using that crap on the field.

No - the poll is obviously asking whether the majority of DCPers preferred the type of shows the cadets performed before the electronic, singing, yacking, tables, doors, and bunnys era. The answer is clear. How can you not see that? Your "any three years would get the same result" argument makes no sense because it's only been the last three years that they have been using that crap on the field.

Really? Is that what it's saying? Because so far this poll http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=113773 would disagree.

So far 2005 is tied for being the 3rd most popular Cadets show in the last 27 years and 2007 has more votes than many of the shows that didn't have narration.

It's very simple and those questioning the poll choices know what the poll is set up for. Do you like the Cadets shows before narration or since narration. It has nothing to do with years. 2004 was the last year of a "pure" drum corps show.

But hey, this poll could wind up 800 - to - 56 and it would be called a waste by the "defenders til thy death" The same ones for the most part that will argue the structure of the poll.

Its really simple, audience reaction reviews, general consensus, the shows from 2005 on are not as well received as shows before 2004. 2005's reaction didnt compare to 82, 84, 87, 90, 93, 95, When they were dragging the activity into inovation head first with cutting edge creativity and never before seen ideas. Unlike 2005 - 2008 Shows already explored by marching bands, narration used for years by marching bands and really nothing so jaw dropping that it set a standard and is now being used by other corps today.

Geoffrey

PS: 2004 was an awesome full show with layers of subtle complexity, an awesome brass book, an outstanding colorguard utilizing beautifull silks and equipment and thebaton twirler was awesome !!

What a fiascl that was here, huh ??

PS: part II/ Should you do the same poll for Blue Devils, I bet the results would indeed be similar and one of the main reasons would be :Yowsa, yowsa, yowsa !!! Dont underestimate the disatisfaction when it comes to narration in drum corps. Its not as well embraced as you think.

Cut and paste the poll question and for ANY CORPS it would probably yield the same results, save for Crown and maybe the Cavaliers

PS: part II/ Should you do the same poll for Blue Devils, I bet the results would indeed be similar and one of the main reasons would be :Yowsa, yowsa, yowsa !!! Dont underestimate the disatisfaction when it comes to narration in drum corps. Its not as well embraced as you think.

No, dbc03 is absolutely right. If I created a poll asking the same question of any four year period in the history of the Cadets, I would expect similar results. This poll can't tell you anything meaningful, because you're pitting fewer shows than I can count on one hand against five, almost six times the number. Like dbc03 mentioned earlier, the Cadets' 2005 show is actually quite popular, and the 2007 show is highly respected as well. But for everyone who enjoys those shows, they probably have several from the rest of the Cadets' history that they love just as much. When you think of the rich history of the Cadets, finding great shows is easy in any decade. So when you give people over two decades to choose from, of course they're going to prefer that selection to any grouping of any three shows the Cadets have ever done. It doesn't necessarily mean those three shows are bad, it may simply mean that those three shows are outnumbered.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I love the 2005 show, and enjoyed 2006 by the end of the season. I'm not much of a fan of 2007, but I don't think the cheese was much worse than, say, 2002; one was presented through audio, one was presented through visual. But 2000 was just as good as 2005 for me, and 2001 was at least as good as 2006. If you asked me to choose between those two groups of three, 2000-2002 or 2005-2007, it'd be pretty evenly matched in my mind. But when you add every year prior to the group containing the 2000-2002 shows, then of course the balance is tipped. If I pick that stacked group, though, it doesn't tell you anything about what I feel toward the 2005-2007 shows.

It's very simple and those questioning the poll choices know what the poll is set up for. Do you like the Cadets shows before narration or since narration. It has nothing to do with years. 2004 was the last year of a "pure" drum corps show.

But hey, this poll could wind up 800 - to - 56 and it would be called a waste by the "defenders til thy death" The same ones for the most part that will argue the structure of the poll.

Its really simple, audience reaction reviews, general consensus, the shows from 2005 on are not as well received as shows before 2004. 2005's reaction didnt compare to 82, 84, 87, 90, 93, 95, When they were dragging the activity into inovation head first with cutting edge creativity and never before seen ideas. Unlike 2005 - 2008 Shows already explored by marching bands, narration used for years by marching bands and really nothing so jaw dropping that it set a standard and is now being used by other corps today.

Geoffrey

PS: 2004 was an awesome full show with layers of subtle complexity, an awesome brass book, an outstanding colorguard utilizing beautifull silks and equipment and thebaton twirler was awesome !!

What a fiascl that was here, huh ??

I'm sorry that not everyone is going to blindly believe that the poll results that you manufactured mean what you are trying to make them mean.

thank you for this. i was about to reply to all the "i don't like the poll results so i'm going to willfully misunderstand the polls very obvious intent so i can claim faulty poll questions are what led to results i don't like" answers myself, but you've done an admirable job here. :smile: