What's in your Walnut?

Mt. San Antonio College has become one of the prime destinations for regional drum corps fans. Last night's "warm-up" in Clovis set the stage for a highly anticipated week full of drum corps for California. It's a pretty meaty lineup where 2 World Class corps make their 2008 competitive debut tonight. Add a deluge of Open Class and a Senior corps and you get the largest corps show of the season in California .

On tap:

Blue Devils

Santa Clara Vanguard

Pacific Crest

The Academy

Mandarins

Velvet Knights

Gold

Blue Devils B

Mystikal

Impulse

Incognito

Yamato

Dream, Sr.

(per their tour calendar, Vanguard Cadets returned to the SF Bay Area after Clovis to practice...next show is Stanford)

See you there!

That's quite a stacked show! Yeah, I don't know why we don't have stacked shows like that up north here in the Bay Area. Here's to hoping that Finals come back to the West Coast (Pref. Northern Cali) in that year where DCI can't be at Lucas Oil Stadium.

I have tickets to tonight show, but I need one more ticket for a friend who's going with me last minute. Does any one know what time the box office opens? I checked on DCI.org but I does not show the time. Thanks for your help!!

That's quite a stacked show! Yeah, I don't know why we don't have stacked shows like that up north here in the Bay Area.

Bay area...7 corps (BD A, B, and C, SCV, SCVC, Mandarins, Renegades)

SoCal area (operating corps only)... 8 corps (Impulse, Gold, VK, Incognito, PC, Mystikal, Yamato, SoCal Dream), plus Academy always comes out, and the big north boys come down.

By the time some other corps go up north (Dream, for example), the BIG boys have already headed out.

If there were a major regional held down south, Walnut would be the place....GREAT high stadium, lots of room....the only downside from a performer's perspective is that steep-### hill leading up to the track!

In 03 or 04 I saw a kid from PC almost lose his marimba down that thing....it would've been ugly....you almost need a Sherpa guide to get up it!

See you there!