What's in your Walnut?

HOLY ####.

BD pushing 82?

LOL INFLATE IT MORE PLZ

I don't know..Scoring around 82 in late June looks about right to me..Not to mention corps had more days to prepare than previous years..

HOLY ####.

BD pushing 82?

LOL INFLATE IT MORE PLZ

West Coast Inflation is usually only 1-2 points. So, take 2.0 off BD and they're still at 80 and paired with the Cavaliers at the presumed top of the DCI heap so far.

I want to also add that based on what I saw in the lot, I think the Regiment will win drums this year. I'm calling it now. Although, Vanguard has a very tasty book. BD seems to have a weak battery this year.

Please don't beat me down for calling it as I see it.

Hey Guys,

Just got back from the show. Here's my thoughts (only saw Academy - BD) :

seats - row 1 30 yard line left side

Academy - very sloppy start. The brass book seems way over the kids heads, and the entire show seems very rough. Drums are very sloppy. Colorguard work seems incomplete in places, I take it they have a lot more to put in. It is very early, but as of today, this doesn't look like a finals-caliber show to me. Just my opinion.

PC - Wow, my fiance and I were both very impressed. They have a great show and they are performing it well. Very impressive start for a part time drum corps. They are a comfortable notch above Academy. It will be interesting to see where they take this show, considering their part time schedule. As of now, if they were a full time touring drum corps, I would say they look like a 11th / 12th place corps to me. Unbelievably improved from the last time I saw this group.

SCV - Love it! Love it! Love it! Wow, what a strong corps and what a great show. Lots of great dynamic moments, and good flow to this show. The guard is very strong as well. Look for Vanguard to make a move this year. I especially dig the percussion book - lots of tasty stuff there. This is going to be one of my favorites Vanguard shows, I can't wait to see it again.

BD - hmmm, .... bold? different? I have to say that what ever it is, I definitely appreciate them trying different things and being innovative, but I don't love it. There are some nice moments, but overall the show has sprinklings of things we've seen BD do before. The dramatic horn ballad - I feel like I've heard the same exact moment in several BD shows. Drums are doing the body movement stuff from last year. The whole opener features the corps members 'walking tightropes' (obviously metaphorical of the show). And, the guard is in insanely loud and proud pink and orange outfits. The show is definitely a 'post-championship', let's have fun and try some crazy #### kind of production. I can't say that it did much for me, but hats off to the blue devils design team for being different. I am going to go out on a limb and say that SCV's show has the potential to top BD. BD's show lacks the overall package the Vanguard has going for it.

That's all I got guys. My fiance and I enjoyed a pleasant SoCal evening of drum corps.

I want to also add that based on what I saw in the lot, I think the Regiment will win drums this year. I'm calling it now. Although, Vanguard has a very tasty book. BD seems to have a weak battery this year.

I'll beat you down... POW! jk. I'll wait till Stanford to see which corps entertain me the most in terms of drumline. Comparitively, SCV & BDs drumlines are scoring quite lower but of course, two different judges means two different scores. (I was looking at the comparisons between percussion scores from last night)

I think we can safely say that BD will not win this year. Seems like a 4th place year for them. Just my opinion (it is very early).

I think we can safely say that BD will not win this year. Seems like a 4th place year for them. Just my opinion (it is very early).

Oh.. okay.

Both corps seem to look a lot cleaner drill wise after watching these videos. Hurry up Sat!

BD seems much weaker technically than I ever remember seeing them at this point in the season. SCV has some issues, but seems stronger, and I love their book. It's very musical. Based on what I've seen out of Regiment early season the past few years, and what I've heard, they will easily be on top of both SCV and BD.

I also believe (based on what I saw today) that SCV will top BD in percussion this year.

Again, it's still early. This is based on my initial read.

I'll beat you down... POW! jk. I'll wait till Stanford to see which corps entertain me the most in terms of drumline. Comparitively, SCV & BDs drumlines are scoring quite lower but of course, two different judges means two different scores. (I was looking at the comparisons between percussion scores from last night)

sorry - this post was related to the respective batteries.

BD seems much weaker technically than I ever remember seeing them at this point in the season. SCV has some issues, but seems stronger, and I love their book. It's very musical. Based on what I've seen out of Regiment early season the past few years, and what I've heard, they will easily be on top of both SCV and BD.

I also believe (based on what I saw today) that SCV will top BD in percussion this year.

Again, it's still early. This is based on my initial read.

Wow, that 71.9 puts Crest in 8th place based on all of tonight's scores!

Will it actually hold up this year is the question- past couple seasons they've started out with high scores out west but have run into trouble when they've ventured outside California.