Flaming bag on the front door step

Do you like the show concept?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Forget execution. Do you like the show concept and script?

• Yes
    • No

No- I do not.

But when I saw them twice this year I gave them a standing O just like I do with every other corps.

They are working their ### off like everyone else and should be treated as such!

:thumbup:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is the point. The show is meant to make people angry, depressed, disappointed...

Typically, the objective of a great theatrical piece is to share that which is universal and unique. Not to alienate. That's like inviting people to a party and killing them. Your audience dwindles appreciably after opening night.

But when I saw them twice this year I gave them a standing O just like I do with every other corps.

They are working their ### off like everyone else and should be treated as such!

The guys that pick up my trash work their ##### off too...often with narration.

I don't give them standing Os either, but like many drum corps fans will this year, give them a polite golf clap.

yeah,...................now as fans we need to read blogs, and attend a webinar to understand a drum corps show?,......... :thumbup:

You missed the point of what I was saying:

"Looks like it confused everybody so much that they are changing it a lot so that the stage performance does connect to the rest of the show. Might have been a stretch to try and pull of that initial idea."

Madison also brought back all the music from the year before, except for a new opener.

From what I'm readng here - even that would be preferable.

Reading George's BLOG it seems that the acting on the field was not supposed to connect to the dialogue being spoken "off stage", so to speak. It was more something that was supposed to be "happening" outside of the show itself, while being part of the show visually. Looks like it confused everybody so much that they are changing it a lot so that the stage performance does connect to the rest of the show. Might have been a stretch to try and pull of that initial idea.

To summarize then, and as has often been said - BAD DESIGN!

The guys that pick up my trash work their ##### off too...often with narration.

I don't give them standing Os either, but like many drum corps fans will this year, give them a polite golf clap.

I agree with you here "oldbandguy". The sense of entitlement to a standing O cracks me up. It will be a cold day in #### before I give a standing O just because you showed up. If you want a standing O do something that gets me excited enough to give you one. Above all else you are paying for entertainment.

A golf clap beats the #### outta Boo or catcalls. So be happy with that and move on down the road.

You missed the point of what I was saying:

"Looks like it confused everybody so much that they are changing it a lot so that the stage performance does connect to the rest of the show. Might have been a stretch to try and pull of that initial idea."

I understood your point Mike,...............I was trying to make my own,..............sorry,.............

To summarize then, and as has often been said - BAD DESIGN!

Looks like some parts of what they are doing are being changed...as always happens. We changed all sorts of stuff back i my day to make improvements. The show is not carved in granite the second the scores and visual designs are created. Something is not working as you might wish....change it.

Heck, we changed our entire concert in 1970 from a somewhat lame Beatles medley to a REALLY lame "Paint Your Wagon" medley.