Where is the love for the Blue Stars?

I think they are much improved and am happy for them. But, I do think they could have done much more with the theme. There are many opportunities for effects that aren't happening. I hope thier show designers will find more ways to develope effects with their show themes in the future.

According to the blurbs at their preview show in Wisconsin in mid June, there's lots more coming. You'll have to wait and see. :ph34r:

---tom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue gets a LOT of love on these boards. If I started a corps I would call them the Blue Blues from a Blue State. Almost ensures a top 12 finish.......

They've come out with a pretty incredible show, imo. A real step up for them in design and performance, and it's my 2nd favorite show of the year so far. They're quickly becoming the "classical music" corps that I look forward to the most each year along with BK and Phantom.

Show your love.

Yeah............where IS the love for our latest soon to be new finalist ANYWAY???

(and for you old farts YES I KNOW Blue Stars were finalists like 500 years ago YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)

Has it been 500 years already? I knew I was getting old but......I must be one of those dinosaurs that gets mentioned on here. Anyway, haven't seen the Blue Stars yet but here is a dinosaur RAWWWWRRR for them.

Other than 61 Hawthorne (who I saw live that year) 67 Blue Stars were one of the first corps I ever heard and they became one of my favorites that year along with Cavies. I have been a fan of them ever since. My age out year I had a bari spot open for me if I showed up...was getting out of the Marines in 74 that year. Dave (Director) and I had communication while I was still with the Marines and we had it arrange for me to come out. But my buddy talked me into marching with our local corps (Iron Brigade) that year and I did not go to Lacrosse. My lost (we came in 45th). They made 12th that year. The only good thing was that I met my wife of 31 years in that corps. My son tried out for them last year and had a spot but because of school pulled out...his lost. He's marching this year with Gmen. Bottom line I STILL love the Stars. They have one of the most storied histories in all of drum corps. I really hope they DO make finals as I will go nuts. They been out since 79 which is way too long. Go STARS!!! How's that for showing some love? Go STARS!!!

The love is right here! They are basically our most local junior corps here in juniorless Minnesota. I have really enjoyed watching them come back to D1 (World Class) and make huge strides so early. Really like their show this year. Can't wait to see them on August 9th!

I think the opening minute of their show is one of the most exciting of the summer, along with probably Phantom.

sorry, no love from here...show was mediocre at best. at least the bicycle guard uniforms fit the show idea unlike Cavaliers 2003

This 'love' belongs in the Spirit love thread.

But you gotta admire the two for one shot..............not only downing the Blue Stars but also working in an unrelated critcism of the Cavies.

At least it isn't veiled criticism

I love the Blue Stars. They're doing so well it makes me want to bust my buttons (or should that be buckle?)No Buttons. is right since I never marched with them and I'm only a FMM parent, volunteer and a current fan) and talk about a nice group of kids with a great alumni and fan base? Is there any corps that can claim the love that La Crosse shows for their home team? I know many corps have strong hometown support but I have to say those La Crosse folks sure do have a place in their hearts for those special kids.

FCO!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Stars! I can't WAIT to hear you're taking the field on Saturday night!