Its coming down to BD vs. Cavies

:thumbup:

Speaking of GIMMICKS... does narration ring a bell for you? Hmmm???

narration is hardly a gimmick.

pretending to march and play at the same time...is

hrns down, face dot, run, also....is

I have no problem rooting for a team that has excellent execution as well as demand. You see those devils on the field? They're great! When the music starts, so do the feet! wow! :)

All things aside, samurai was rather flat to me. Its not just my dislike for sneaky drumcorps, I just don't like the show. (I have liked Cavies in the past)

glad see another engineer on the boards!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly so. It's quite refreshing.

Can't wait to see what they add to the show.

Even if it finishes 8th place, I am a fan of what they put out on the field this year...outstanding job, guys.

If PR finishes outside of the top 3 this year, I quit.

(Not really. But seriously, it would break my heart.)

pretending to march and play at the same time...is

hrns down, face dot, run, also....is

No, let's be fair.

Narration = gimmick.

Marching without playing / playing without marching (often) = weakness.

But I'm not even in the "Cavs don't march and play! Boo-Hiss!" camp, so I don't know why I'm giving you haters ammo.

:thumbup:

Speaking of GIMMICKS... does narration ring a bell for you? Hmmm???

ha ha...good point. pot calling the kettle maroon. In all seriousness, don't expect to see any other recipe out of Cavaliers as long as the judges are rewarding them for doing the same stuff over and over...wash, rinse, repeat as champs.

Ha Ha :thumbup: ...This would be like me saying that Star of Indiana's use (er overuse) of scrims in '92 was not a cheesy gimmick. Give yourself a few more years away from your age out and you'll probably think differently...I know I did.

ha ha...good point. pot calling the kettle maroon. In all seriousness, don't expect to see any other recipe out of Cavaliers as long as the judges are rewarding them for doing the same stuff over and over...wash, rinse, repeat as champs.

Yeah...same stuff every year. I am sick of it! Innovative drill, cohesive visual package with a brass and percussion book that is written together. When will it stop!

Cavaliers have become the NY Yankees of DCI. People will find any reason to dislike them. Reminds me of BD in the late 90s.

Yeah...same stuff every year. I am sick of it! Innovative drill, cohesive visual package with a brass and percussion book that is written together. When will it stop!

Cavaliers have become the NY Yankees of DCI. People will find any reason to dislike them. Reminds me of BD in the late 90s.

Oh come on. There is plenty of validity to the viewpoint of them, rehashing, not playing and marching at the same time as much as other corps, and having lackluster arrangements which adding all up leaves some people flat. Not everyone has to like the same thing. And the drill this year is not innovative. . .not even close. It is fast paced and very clean. But half of the ideas have been done in the last 7 years by the corps.

Edited by LAMystreaux

Yeah, I agree that right now it looks like it'll be between BD and the Cavies...long way to go, though.

If the judges accept music book lite from the Cavies..then yes it will be.

i haven't been on this in a while but had to laugh when someone referred to as the Cavaliers as the new New York Yankees....i'm not sure if you know anything about sports or baseball (which i know is a sport) and all do respect to the Cavaliers but the Devs are in another league as far sustaining excellence...i'll give the Cavies this they are the Boston Red Sox if anything...but the legendary New York Yankees only one team holds at that's the Blue Devils...i am not getting off soap box and returning to my cave...i hope everyone is having a great day :)