The Mile High Club

I know the color guard judge. She lives a town over from me. In liberal Mass (thank God). I still think Scouts guard is better than Mandarins and Troopers and I marched guard for a zillon (sp) years. It has nothing to do with the size either. I am not a size queen.

Now I got to get to the clubs before the sun sets.

Translation: "I don't actually know what I'm talking about but I'm going to get in the last word and then conveniently disappear so I can feel like I won and that I am somehow qualified to make a judgment call."

Also, the guard judge tonight was male.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the recaps show 1st and 2nd, yet both scored 17.1.

Is there a tie-breaker. Granted, doesn't matter (this ain't finals), I'm just curious if a tie-breaker exists or if the recaps are just screwey.

Just the system. we got the recape scores less then 30 min after the scores were annouces so they were tied. Who was first? I don't know I was not there I was in my computer chair some 15 hours away.

Cameraman,

Why on earth would you zoom in on a dead guy at the end of the show? Let us see that beautiful guard go to work!!! (PR's show)

In the beginning of the show (yes, lots of us watch the ENTIRE show...not just the "top" corps ;) ), they announced the judging panel...and about half of the judges announced are different from the ones listed on the recaps. The guard judge was announced as Debbie Torchia. I knew something was up when I saw Paul Hinman in one of the field camera shots, although they announced some woman's name for field brass.

Right now, it seems like SCV is being left in the dust. When are they gonna pick it up?

So a quick glance at the recaps makes it look like BD won drums by getting second with both judges!

PR 4th in Visual Ensemble? :tongue:

Yes, 'noticed that. I happen to agree with that. Phantom's visual program is what is keeping them back ( so what's new ? )

Translation: "I don't actually know what I'm talking about but I'm going to get in the last word and then conveniently disappear so I can feel like I won and that I am somehow qualified to make a judgment call."

Also, the guard judge tonight was male.

When did Debbie have a sex change?