CROWN BEAT CADETS!

GE isn't all about the big, loud, fast moments. It's also about overall design and flow. I have not seen Crown,

Stopped reading right there

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Crown did does play a good BEST OF CADETS ??? 85 1st place Candide, 1984 first place West Side Story 1987 first place Appalachian Springs......

Congrats to Crown, I only got to view the shows posted, but they sure looked like they should have won! Great show, outstanding performance......

And Cadets does a good BEST OF SCV: 77 Candide, 76 (or 77, can't remember) Appalachian Springs

And so on..

I was? Man, I learn something new every day.... even about myself!

Edit: And if you cared to read on, I said I was a Cadets fan and have nothing against them. I don't care if it was Cadets, BD, Cavvies or Phantom... if one corps has been performing better than the other, I would say that they should have been winning.

Fwiw, peace - sorry if I have misconstrued your intent. But I did read your entire post (the first time, I didn't have to go back), and I still think you should be careful what you say, because it sounds to me (and probably to others, I would suppose) like you're backpedaling now:

"Well I said:

'I saw Cadets at Clifton and there were people calling BS there when Cadets beat Crown. I'm SO SO SO happy the DCI judges are finally judging by what is on the field rather than what the name of the corps is. This was long overdue.'

but what really meant to say was:

'I [am] a Cadets fan and have nothing against them.' "

That's talking out of both sides of your mouth, bro - at least as far as I can figure it.

No personal disrespect intended (never!),

Fred O.

Fwiw, peace - sorry if I have misconstrued your intent. But I did read your entire post (the first time, I didn't have to go back), and I still think you should be careful what you say, because it sounds to me (and probably to others, I would suppose) like you're backpedaling now:

"Well I said:

'I saw Cadets at Clifton and there were people calling BS there when Cadets beat Crown. I'm SO SO SO happy the DCI judges are finally judging by what is on the field rather than what the name of the corps is. This was long overdue.'

but what really meant to say was:

'I [am] a Cadets fan and have nothing against them.' "

That's talking out of both sides of your mouth, bro - at least as far as I can figure it.

No personal disrespect intended (never!),

Fred O.

I honest to God don't follow what you're saying. How is that talking out of both sides of my mouth? All I said was Crown should have beat Cadets at Clifton and then that I have nothing against Cadets. But for the last time. I am very happy Crown beat Cadets because they deserve to. If it was BD they beat, I'd be happy they beat BD if they deserved to. I want everyone to place where they deserve to place, no outside influences, and whether you like it or not, name plays a role in a human judging system. I have nothing against the Cadets, but yes, I'm happy Crown beat them, just like everyone else in this thread.

Edited by CrashDMB237

OMG! I'm SO incredibly proud of my Crown family! I aged out last summer, and last nite was my first really super jealous moment as an alum. Gosh I wish I could've been there to see that. I was apart of many Crown history making moments but that is for sure a special one! I'm not surprised at all from what I saw a few weeks ago at a few northern shows. Take it all the way crown! can't wait to see you in murfreesboro and then at finals! you all are making me SO proud!! I almost peed myself when I got the word that you won the show.

thanks everyone for being so positive! :thumbup:

My opinions represent NO Corps and are solely mine...if they bother you please refer to the following: *)#$ *&^

does that mean you owe me a dollar or just can't put together a cohesive thought? :thumbup:

I honest to God don't follow what you're saying. How is that talking out of both sides of my mouth? All I said was Crown should have beat Cadets at Clifton and then that I have nothing against Cadets. But for the last time. I am very happy Crown beat Cadets because they deserve to. If it was BD they beat, I'd be happy they beat BD if they deserved to. I want everyone to place where they deserve to place, no outside influences, and whether you like it or not, name plays a role in a human judging system. I have nothing against the Cadets, but yes, I'm happy Crown beat them, just like everyone else in this thread.

Emphasis added.

Truer words are rarely uttered here on DCP.

Very happy for the Crown win. I am a fan of both Cadets and Crown. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stopped reading right there

Good for you, "HockeyDad".

OMG! I'm SO incredibly proud of my Crown family! I aged out last summer, and last nite was my first really super jealous moment as an alum. Gosh I wish I could've been there to see that. I was apart of many Crown history making moments but that is for sure a special one! I'm not surprised at all from what I saw a few weeks ago at a few northern shows. Take it all the way crown! can't wait to see you in murfreesboro and then at finals! you all are making me SO proud!! I almost peed myself when I got the word that you won the show.

thanks everyone for being so positive! :thumbup:

I hear ya whitney! (i think this is you.. haha) Looking in retrospect it's hard to believe us starting in 2003 with everyone taking a chance with a revamped crown and fighting to get our name back into finals... to this! Our excitement around this time was making the night show in San Antonio!

Thanks everyone for celebrating another historic moment!