Blue Devils

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the show as well. I feel it is very different than what they have done in the past 50 years of the organization's existence and I like that they are going in another direction (not that the other directions they have gone were bad by any stretch, just that with this being so different, it helps prevent stagnation, and by not going retro, they avoid the inevitable comparisons to past BD shows/arrangements (a la BD 2002's version of Channel One Suite).

As for it being BOA/WGI-ish....is that REALLY so bad? I mean, as long as they keep this a percussion and brass based activity, I feel that it still maintains it's uniqueness and (imho) superiority.

This is one of those shows (a la Scouts 1995, Crown 2007, Cadets 2003) where I really don't care how well it places...I just, well, enjoy it. It is so different from what everyone else is offering this year that I can appreciate it completely on its own.

Are you the only one? Is that a serious question? These boards have been a lovefest for BD lately... especially among the BD alum (no suprise there).

Yep - serious question. Some people on this board have called this the worst show ever - and the most ridiculous show to ever win DCI (should that happen)...so an honest question was asked.

Later,

Mike

Hey all,

so after last night's show in Denver - I've decided that I really love BD's show this year.

Their "Absurdity" show is so detailed and nuanced that it's just ridiculous.

The use of the poles is cool and it adds designs to the field (I love the part where the whole guard is boxed in - then the guys spread out and the girls move to the next box).

The drum line GE alone is crazy - like when the guard rotate the quads around the players

And I'm really enjoying their musical selections this year (the beginning back field horn hit & The ballad are phenomenal).

I still can't believe I'm saying this - but man I love that show!

Later,

Mike

You are not alone.

I have not liked a BD show the last few years, but this one is fantastic.

I think it will be tough race between them and cavaliers for the title.

I'll be honest and day this... I love the show and I feel that it really makes their other shows from the 2000 era boring as HE##.

Same thing with SCV... their show this year makes their shows from 2006-2007 look more boring.

I enjoy their show but I can't stop thinking to myself "Man, I miss jazz" every time I see them...

Are you the only one? Is that a serious question? These boards have been a lovefest for BD lately... especially among the BD alum (no suprise there).

I, however, disagree with you about the show. I actually don't like it very much at all. There are many sections that bore the heck out of me and I found myself spacing out during the webcast last night (this happens to me during a lot of BD programs.) Also, the music is so weird and disjunct that it's really hard to grasp onto a section before its cut off and they are off playing something different.

I could not agree more!! I've seen the show live 2 times, each time I found my self look around the audience or checking the program. I'm really not impressed with this show at all. :thumbup:

Just my opinion.

I think the show is better than last years CRAPFEST! Not by much though.

Yah, I saw them twice this season, not much of a fan. I like the brass, and some of the visuals........but I hate the guard. The work doesn't connect well, and I have no idea how they're outscoring SCV by that much in guard, because SCV had an INSANE equipment book.

It's odd, because I loved that guard the last 2 years

Edited by kylemillerkid