Blue Devils

I think the show is better than last years CRAPFEST! Not by much though.

Crapfest?

What did that make every corps below them?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of plumes, pants, etc. Remember the 88 Dev's uniforms....best playing, smoothest corps on the field that year, but looked the worst (not just their visual program)...those uniforms were horrid. They looked like 1974 Prom tuxes...with all the mullets still being sported, its an easy visual.

Also, there was one additional reason for the plume change...1993 Finals in one of the most humid areas on Earth, Jackson, Mississippi. The humidity made our rather thin, white plumes stand up on end and look ridiculous. I believe the general consensus was that black looked better, and the new "feathers" didn't look as ridiculous in bad humidity.

Heh...."helicopter plumes"...there's a pic in the 84 yearbook of Doug Peterson and Russell Bridgewater rolling their eyes up to look at their plumes after that happened....I WANT to say it was after one fo the Stillwater shows, as I kinda remember it.

In fact....here it is!

Plumes.jpg

Heh...."helicopter plumes"...there's a pic in the 84 yearbook of Doug Peterson and Russell Bridgewater rolling their eyes up to look at their plumes after that happened....I WANT to say it was after one fo the Stillwater shows, as I kinda remember it.

In fact....here it is!

Plumes.jpg

Sideshow Bob?

Image:C-bob.png

speaking of plumes, pants, etc. Remember the 88 Dev's uniforms....best playing, smoothest corps on the field that year, but looked the worst (not just their visual program)...those uniforms were horrid. They looked like 1974 Prom tuxes...with all the mullets still being sported, its an easy visual.

OMG, those uniforms were REALLY cool. They blended into the field, but grey and blue/grey ish type colors seem to do that. Look at this year's PR guard uniforms! Gosh, those were NOT horrid uniforms.... **sigh** We're gonna disagree on A LOT of things it seems.

Viva la difference.

Edited by jjeffeory

You may laugh, but I think it's a valid concern....it also has lead to SO MANY corps of all sizes going black for that very reason. Black may hide some dirt under the lights, when there's multiple shadowing going on....but in a day show??? Nope....not that I've ever seen.

The black pants also hide CLEAN marching. Mike Moxley added white spats to the uniform after the first tour in '86, because he didn't feel we were getting credit for marching well (our feet were hidden in all the black). Visual scores went up. Then again, maybe we should have taken them off the next year...

I have already picked BD for the win.